Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FINDING THE BEST DEAL FOR ME
WHEN I MOVED HERE 9ys AGO MY TELEPHONE PLAN WAS $35.99 A MONTH. IT HAS ABOUT 25 FEATURES ON IT .  THE MAIN THING I WANTED AND USE THE MOST IS UNLIMITED LONG DISTANCE.  IN ABOUT 2015 I ADDED INTERNET AND MY PHONE PLAN PRICE LOWERED.  PRICES HAVE GONE UP OVER AND OVER.  THIS MONTH IT'S $84, UP FROM $62 LAST MONTH.  I HAVE NUMEROUS DISCOUNTS THAT WILL CONTINUE TO FALL OFF UNTIL MY BILL IS AROUND $95.

I WANT/NEED PHONE SERVICE, INTERNET, AND A WAY TO HAVE BOTH WHEREVER I AM OR GO.  AT THE LOWEST PRICE WITH UNLIMITED USE.   I UNDERSTAND AT TIMES I MAY NOT BE ABLE TO CONNECT TO CELL SERVICE OR INTERNET.

I'M NEAR FORT RUCKER AL.  THERE SEEMS TO BE A LOT OF SERVICE PROVIDERS IN THIS AREA.  VERIZON SEEMS TO BE THE BIGGEST.  IF I'M EVER ABLE TO GO A VIKING I WANT TO STAY IN TOUCH.  I HOPE TO GO TO KENTUCKY, SOUTH DAKOTA, DOWN THROUGH TEXAS AND WEST MAYBE AS FAR AS SOUTHERN CA AND YUMA AZ.  WITH MY LUCK I'LL NEVER GET OUT OF ALABAMDAMA.

ANY IDEAS/ INFO WILL BE APPRECIATED.  I GO CROSSEYED SOMETIMES TRYING TO UNDERSTAND THE DIFFERENT TYPES OF SERVICE/PLANS/

I MAINLY TALK ON THE PHONE AND MY BIGGEST USE ON THE INTERNET IS ON FORUMS AND WATCHING YOU TUBE AND FREE MOVIE CHANNELS WITH SOME EMAIL ACCESS/USE <<<<<<VERY LITTLE OF THAT IS ANYTHING I ASK FOR. MOSTLY SPAM AND TRASH.

JEWELLANN
I WAS NOT BUILT TO BREAK  

MY  Heart  IS GOOD....BUT OH THIS MOUTH
I've had great luck with PuretalkUSA.com in Atlanta for many years. L had 14,000 minutes at one time. My plan is $10 a month & talk/text but they have data & you talk to ppeople in Atlanta. They have great customerservice vs Visable I just signed up with, got a defective phone & no customer service at all. You can call or e-mail Visable & they didn't sent the label to return the swap phone & then promised twice & never did. I'm checking Puretalk today. https://www.puretalkusa.com/landing/amac3yr I see they have ab AMAC discount & their phone # is in the link.
Let me recommend the best medicine in the world, a long journey, at a mild season, through a pleasant country, in easy stages. James Madison

[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Gr8ful for this post:
  • Texjbird (07-12-2019)
Some companies have a senior plan with unlimited everything. It would save $$$
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Snikwahjm for this post:
  • Texjbird (07-12-2019)
internet, unlimited if your worst cost.

you will need unlimited if you are streaming videos, movies, and googling crap all day long or chatting on forums.
this uses a lot of data very fast.

they kinda got ya by the balls on this situation as they got me on this situation LOL

what carrier are ya with now?
call and ASK for lower rates on what you have OR YOU are cancelling and moving.

you might get lucky and they discount ya to keep ya or go to a new carrier.....like Verizon or Sprint or whomever you choose cause your discounts will be new and last longer on your account. Talk with the customer service rep and tell them you can't afford much.....they will try to work with you. Whether that all works to your advantage or not can only be chatted out by the companies you call.

key is when you go with a new company and change what ya have now....you could walk into some great deals that are locked in for a few years so you kinda win on that 'new customer' deals that are out there.

best of luck......these phone/internet plans etc are a royal pain in the azz and never seem 'cheap' cost in any way to me but they got ya. they got a product you want and desire and best you can do is call and chat carriers and find that best deal for you.

good luck!
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to RoamerRV428 for this post:
  • Texjbird (07-12-2019)
Currently I would suggest a $34.99 unlimited AT&T sim plan with hotspot off of ebay for your data and a Red Pocket unlimited phone account on Verizon for $220 a year.

An example of the AT&T sim and hotspot on ebay

https://www.ebay.com/itm/AT-T-VELOCITY-H...SwRYNcyabH

The Red Pocket phone deal

https://www.ebay.com/itm/19-08-Mo-Red-Po...-FQLyCabFg

Now you might need some help setting them up with you being ya know, all old and everything. LOL
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to justjim for this post:
  • Texjbird (07-12-2019), Everyroadleadshome (09-04-2019)
A Verizon mvno (reseller) can get you the V coverage at a cheepah rate.  I am currently using a V mvno (us mobile in this case) that has unlimited talk, text, and data (throttled after 15GB) for $40.   I am thinking about dropping down to the 5GB plan which would be $25, since I don't use much mobile data.

I have a little router in the van that acts as a wifi/tether repeater and autoconnects to known wifi when available.  I was doing it with a $20 minirouter then splurged for a $40 model so I could use external ants.  Because of that I use less than 5GB/month, usually way less.  More info on my mvno and wifi repeater setup.
---
frater/jason
FT around El Paso:  159" Promaster, 570w
blog | campervan | RVwiki

THIS MONTH MY CENTURY LINK LANDLINE AND INTERNET JUMPED TO $107  WHICH IN MY WORLD AINT RIGHT!  SO I WAS ABLE TO GET IT DOWN TO $83 WITH SOME DISCOUNTS.

THEN I WENT FOR THEIR "ONE PRICE FOR LIFE" SERVICE.  I'LL HAVE THE SAME PHONE SERVICE FEATURES AND WAAAAY FASTER INTERNET.  THE MONTHLY SERVICE IS $85 MINUS A LIFETIME LOYALTY CREDIT OF $10mo SO WITH TAXES AROUND $73mo. 
NOW I'LL KNOW WHAT MY BILL IS WITHOUT THINKING I'M GONNA STROKE OUT Huh WHEN I OPEN IT!

I'VE ALSO BOUGHT A ZTE AVID SMART PHONE<<<<<<<{ SO NOW I'LL HAVE BOTH A WASHING MACHINE AND A CELL PHONE THAT'S SMARTER THAN I}   Rolleyes  FROM CONSUMER CELLULAR FOR $60 + $4.04 TAX.

CONSUMER CELLULAR IS MONTHLY SERVICE WITH NO CONTRACTS, NO PREPAID CARDS AND YOU CAN BE INVOICED WITH A BILL IN THE MAIL OR OVER THEIR SERVICE AND THEN PAY THE BILL WITHOUT HAVING IT AUTOMATICLLY DEDUCTED FROM A BANK ACCOUNT OR ADDED TO A CREDIT CARD.  CALL ME PARANOID, I JUST LIKE TO PAY MY BILLS WHEN I WANT TO PAY THEM WITHOUT ANYONE ELSE TAKING $$$$ FROM MY ACCOUNT.

I'LL HAVE UNLIMITED TALK $20  + $10 FOR UNLIMITED DATA AND 5GB WIFI.  FOR ANOTHER $3mo I ADDED DAMAGE/REPLACEMENT INS.  THEY WILL NOTIFY ME WHEN/IF I GET CLOSE TO USING THE 5GB.  THEN IF I DO GO OVER MY BILL WILL JUST BE $10mo MORE TO JUMP TO 10GB.  DOES SOME CELL SERVICE PROVIDERS STILL CHARGE HIGH "OVERAGE" FEES  IDK

THEY ALSO HAVE A ZTE WIRELESS HOME PHONE THINGY FOR $50 ON SALE THRU SEPT FOR $25.  AFTER ACTIVATION IT'S $15mo FOR SERVICE.

THEY HAVE CELL PHONES YOU CAN  BUY AND PAY LIKE $25 OR MORE A MO.  IF YOU DECIDE YOU DON'T WANT TO CONTINUE WITH THEIR SERVICE YOU CAN PAY OFF & KEEP THE PHONE OR RETURN THE PHONE WITH NO ADDITIONAL COST.  OF COURSE YOU LOSE THE PHONE AND WHAT YOU'VE PAID ON IT SO FAR IF YOU RETURN THE PHONE.  THE PHONE NEEDS TO COST $200 OR MORE

CON. CELL. HAS THE MOTO G 7 POWER WITH 32GB FOR $150.  OTHER PLACES I'VE CHECKED IT'S  $200 OR MORE.  THIS MODEL IS SUPPOSED TO HAVE A HEAVY DUTY BATTERY THAT WILL LAST 3 DAYS AND RAPID CHARGE.

BEFORE ANYONE THINKS I'VE BEEN EATING SMART PILLS {DON'T GO THERE}  I'M JUST REPEATING WHAT I'VE BEEN TOLD ABOUT THE CELL PHONES/SERVICES.
       ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
DISCLAIMER<<<>>>>USE THE INFO AT YOUR OWN RISK  Dodgy

JUST IN CASE I EVER DO GET TO TRAVEL ANYWHERE I DON'T WANT TO BE LEARNING ABOUT A NEW CELL PHONE & USING IT OR WIFI  ACCESS AFTER I START OUT ON A SAFARI.

TJB + Q

JEWELLANN
I WAS NOT BUILT TO BREAK  

MY  Heart  IS GOOD....BUT OH THIS MOUTH
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Texjbird for this post:
  • Wayne49 (09-02-2019)
JustJim’s plan is the best IMO. You have two huge networks to travel with. If you set up a VOIP like Google Voice you can use the ATT setup for calls.

Another option is Visible. $40 a month unlimited everything including the phone’s hotspot. A sub-company to Verizon (similar to Cricket to ATT) no taxes, no fees. Currently not every phone works on their system. Most iPhones work, check their list for Android models.