Vandweller Forum
Gas One Stove - Printable Version

+- Vandweller Forum (https://vandwellerforum.com)
+-- Forum: Forum announcements (https://vandwellerforum.com/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Product Reviews (https://vandwellerforum.com/forum-27.html)
+--- Thread: Gas One Stove (/thread-4381.html)

Gas One Stove - VanlifeWired - 08-21-2022

When traveling we stopped at a Hipcamp site for the night.  Was lovely only having one campsite there, so it was very peaceful.  

We have been using our Gas One combination butane / propane stove for about a year now.  We normally use it inside the van for heating water for coffee or in the event of rain we might cook a bit inside.  The butane canisters are a bit hard to find when traveling so we stock up when we can.  I really don't notice a huge difference in price between propane green bottles and the butane.  While we have never used the Gas One on propane, it is nice knowing if we run out of butane we can switch over to propane.  Safety mechanisms seem to work excellent on the unit.  Easy to keep clean and store.  Under 50.00 works great for a nice portable stove.  

Sitting next to the Gas One is our Bluetti EB70 for 12V DC power.  We rarely use anything requiring 110v so the little 716wh unit keeps things running.  I will get into our testing and setup with the Bluetti's in another post.  

Jon
VanLifeWired.com
Helping to Power your VanLife

RE: Gas One Stove - jacqueg - 08-28-2022

(08-21-2022, 11:07 PM)VanlifeWired Wrote: When traveling we stopped at a Hipcamp site for the night.  Was lovely only having one campsite there, so it was very peaceful.  

We have been using our Gas One combination butane / propane stove for about a year now.  

Jon
VanLifeWired.com

Just a heads up on the GasOne - I bought one, and really liked it. Used it a few times, hooked up to my propane tank. Managed to melt the hose. No prob, sez I, and went to the website for a replacement hose. They don't sell them, and they knew of no one who did make a replacement hose. 

Returned it with some gnashing of teeth. Because I really did like it, but no replacement hose? Was a deal breaker for me.

RE: Gas One Stove - VanlifeWired - 08-31-2022

(08-28-2022, 01:20 PM)jacqueg Wrote:
(08-21-2022, 11:07 PM)VanlifeWired Wrote: When traveling we stopped at a Hipcamp site for the night.  Was lovely only having one campsite there, so it was very peaceful.  

We have been using our Gas One combination butane / propane stove for about a year now.  

Jon
VanLifeWired.com

Just a heads up on the GasOne - I bought one, and really liked it. Used it a few times, hooked up to my propane tank. Managed to melt the hose. No prob, sez I, and went to the website for a replacement hose. They don't sell them, and they knew of no one who did make a replacement hose. 

Returned it with some gnashing of teeth. Because I really did like it, but no replacement hose? Was a deal breaker for me.

I agree, that is ridiculous that you cannot order the hose.  I have only used butane in mine so I guess I should try hooking up a propane tank.  Thank you for sharing.