Vandweller Forum
Grounding? or Earthing? - Printable Version

+- Vandweller Forum (https://vandwellerforum.com)
+-- Forum: The Watering Hole (https://vandwellerforum.com/forum-70.html)
+--- Forum: Chit-Chat and Off Topic (https://vandwellerforum.com/forum-32.html)
+--- Thread: Grounding? or Earthing? (/thread-4126.html)

Pages: 1 2

Grounding? or Earthing? - Kyz - 07-21-2021

Have any of you heard of this or "practiced" this? I just stumbled on the word "earthing" the other day and got curious. I have not overly researched it, but here is an article I found:

https://www.healthline.com/health/grounding#takeaway

As a young girl, most of my outside time was barefoot. Needless to say, I'm a bit intrigued.

RE: Grounding? or Earthing? - rvpopeye - 07-21-2021

Electrical term ground is called earth by the Brits .
Just as important in both countries.
I'm sure somebody called dibs.

IBEW might try to collect a royalty !
skuh kuh kuh kuh kuh

Grounding? or Earthing? - mudbunny - 07-21-2021

I believe positive earth was more popular over the pond where as negative grounding here. A BSA Lightning that I had eons ago was positive ground or earth according to the manual. My cousins MG too. Not much for parts here but luckily Canada was only a few miles away. Seems like negative ground became the standard in the 70s. And they went away from Whitworth wrenches to metric around the same time.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

RE: Grounding? or Earthing? - rvpopeye - 07-21-2021

OK , I clicked the link.
Don't do barefoot much these days .
Wonder if it's done in the snow ??

RE: Grounding? or Earthing? - Wayne49 - 07-21-2021

In Bulgaria, and in many other areas, long ago before Christianity, the people would worship by dancing barefoot in specific areas, at certain times of the year. Those areas would be more charged than other areas, with the charge flowing upward through the feet. I was at a historical site in Bulgaria that had such an area. It is still an important national heritage site to modern Bulgarians. It wasn't the only important place there.There was also an important fort, situated on top of a long mesa like mountain with sheer sides all around.

I don't do barefoot outside at all. Maybe I would at a sandy beach, but that has happened for a while.

RE: Grounding? or Earthing? - RoamerRV428 - 07-22-2021

I've heard of it and researched a bit back 'in the ol' days' when younger cause I got into all kinds of 'health alternatives' and saw it around.....but I never 'did it as some therapy' for myself.

Earth has alot of energy, magnetic changes and more pulsing thru it. Seen alot of times big magnetic and high energy areas draw aliens to us Smile Smile Like watching Skinwalker Ranch on tv, they just are doing all this 'earth electrical charge and magnetic stuff' and maybe we are opening up portals to other dimensions, hmmmm

I walk barefoot all the time. Does it 'earth me'? I have no idea LOL Everywhere if I can but only when I feel it is ok Smile But when in campsites etc. I wear my slip on shoes....no telling what I might step on HAHA

RE: Grounding? or Earthing? - Kyz - 07-22-2021

(07-21-2021, 07:58 PM)rvpopeye Wrote: OK , I clicked the link.
Don't do barefoot much these days .
Wonder if it's done in the snow ??

Maybe? There are those people that jump in the freezing water during winter.

Won't ever be me though... brrrrrr....

RE: Grounding? or Earthing? - Kyz - 07-22-2021

(07-22-2021, 04:37 AM)RoamerRV428 Wrote: I've heard of it and researched a bit back 'in the ol' days' when younger cause I got into all kinds of 'health alternatives' and saw it around.....but I never 'did it as some therapy' for myself.

Earth has alot of energy, magnetic changes and more pulsing thru it.  Seen alot of times big magnetic and high energy areas draw aliens to us Smile Smile  Like watching Skinwalker Ranch on tv, they just are doing all this 'earth electrical charge and magnetic stuff' and maybe we are opening up portals to other dimensions, hmmmm

I walk barefoot all the time.  Does it 'earth me'?  I have no idea LOL Everywhere if I can but only when I feel it is ok Smile  But when in campsites etc. I wear my slip on shoes....no telling what I might step on HAHA

Good point about the campsites. I walk barefoot on the concrete, but honestly, no telling how many dogs have peed on the concrete.  Undecided  I need a rug... I have a small matt, but I like leaving my shoes outsite during the day so I track in less.

RE: Grounding? or Earthing? - RoamerRV428 - 07-22-2021

oh yea I do the same. leave shoes outside near the door or I bring them and take them off right at the door.
damn rv's collect dirt like a friggin' magnet, I hear ya on that! ugh

we got a rug outside under the rv stairs and it helps but the best thing we did was put the 'matt rug' things on the steps....now those do help take alot off your feet before ya enter.

RE: Grounding? or Earthing? - GotSmart - 07-22-2021

Make sure that you check your shoes carefully before putting them on. Lots of nasty critters like to hide in stinky places.