Vandweller Forum
Honda shutting down, red light. - Printable Version

+- Vandweller Forum (https://vandwellerforum.com)
+-- Forum: Make It Just Like Home (https://vandwellerforum.com/forum-10.html)
+--- Forum: Generators - Gas , Diesel , Solar , Wind , Water (https://vandwellerforum.com/forum-12.html)
+--- Thread: Honda shutting down, red light. (/thread-3688.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Honda shutting down, red light. - Roadtripp - 06-14-2020

My nearly new Honda eu2200i runs for a few seconds then stops. The red light is on. When the red light goes out it will start again then stop a second time. After that it keeps running. First thing I did was check the oil level and it looked good. Maybe I put the wrong oil in it. I don’t remember what I used other than it was engine oil. I’m going to change it. What is recommended oil for these small gennys. 
 Has anyone else had this issue with the Honda. Or any other genny?  
 Oh, I discovered the gas vent needs to be opened or the genny will quit running. Thanks

RE: Honda shutting down, red light. - tx2sturgis - 06-14-2020

Choke?

RE: Honda shutting down, red light. - Blacktank - 06-14-2020

here an owners manual 

maybe an emergency shut off if the red light is the oil light?

RE: Honda shutting down, red light. - sternwake - 06-14-2020

Had a Mexican friend once, with a contractor generator, when it would shut off from a low oil condition, he used to trick it by topping it off with water!!!

I can't believe ti was still running when I offered actual engine oil.

The red light might be because too much load before the engine is warmed up, but these are known to clog the carb jets, and need to run with the choke on when old fuel is kept in the tank.
Ethanol is apparently the devil.

My old man has a 3000 watt honda. It had the gummed carb, only running with the choke on issue. He paid someone to clean the carb who joked that ethanol laden fuels were helping him save for his kid's college fund.

Old man now keeps it filled with non ethanol fuel with some stabil in it, and a maintenance charger on its starter battery. says it starts first time and purrs when he excercises it much less often than he should.

RE: Honda shutting down, red light. - rvpopeye - 06-14-2020

Two red lights.
center one overload.
I saw it once and was trying to see if it would run my 9000btu RV air conditioner..It didn't but after the AC had been running for a while , it did.
if it's this one and the load wasn't that high ??? 

top one low oil.
I see that one a lot but it's usually just off level in the wrong direction for the oil sensor to expose itself , OMG !
I usually get it running by turning it or propping it up on the low side...

(I use Pennziol Full Synthetic 10w30 ,,,,, the oil change intervals without it are a pain !!! ) skuh kuh kuh kuh

I belong to a bunch of forums for the Hondas ,, here's a THX for joining email I got from one for the 2200.
 Learned a bunch from these folks...

Thu, Dec 26, 2019 at 3:06 PM

Hello,

Welcome to the hondaeu2200i@hondagenerator.groups.io group at Groups.io, a free, easy-to-use forum / email group service. Please take a moment to review this message.

You can visit your group, start reading messages and posting them here: https://hondagenerator.groups.io/g/hondaeu2200i

The email address for this group is: hondaeu2200i@hondagenerator.groups.io. Because our system allows for participants to post via web or email, you can use this email to post new topics.

But most importantly, please add this email address to your safe sender list in your email client’s contacts.

honda eu 2200i

A forum for generators?

Whooda thunk it?

About 6 of them I think.
Sort of sub forums like here. grouped according to model/output watts, 1K 2K 2,2K  etc as the combined accumulation model specific advice got too confusing or sumpin' like that.  Confused

I didn't participate much until the new format began recently. And still only occasionally...
You can even post via email.
It's worth checking out if you have a honda fer sure..lots of the info could be used on other brands too.
   Just follow the info in my welcome letter.

Tips and tricks , mods , experienced repair advice, general discussions on things like long term storage etc.
I did a couple of mods on my starter rope to fix a common problem I didn't know existed .  Huh
Saved me a repair bill with parts on that one.. Big Grin

I own 5 different brand generators....

Have done a few repairs and a rebuild.

I don't wanna discuss them in a forum, I just need them to work!

Maybe I should start a class....

Sure , YARCAMP ?

Tulia Station and Genny Repair Clinic.
$10k a night..skuh kuh kuh kuh kuh