Vandweller Forum
Hour Shower - Printable Version

+- Vandweller Forum (https://vandwellerforum.com)
+-- Forum: Make It Just Like Home (https://vandwellerforum.com/forum-10.html)
+--- Forum: Health,Fitness and Hygiene (https://vandwellerforum.com/forum-52.html)
+--- Thread: Hour Shower (/thread-3231.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Hour Shower - MoonTiger - 09-28-2019

There's a part 2 video which recommended adding 1/2 teaspoon epsom salt to keep soap from recirculating. Also shows schematics for permanent installation inside your RV.

Thoughts?

Sent from my moto g(7) optimo maxx(XT1955DL) using Tapatalk

RE: Hour Shower - justjim - 09-28-2019

Wowwwwww!!!!!

What a great idea! Why hasn't someone thought of that before?

Oh yeah

Because it's NASTY!

LOL

Honestly though, think about it. You will be running the water you just washed your butt, feet and ..... with over your head. That's pretty bad considering it can get into your eyes, ears, nose and mouth. I have seen those filters in action, they are no where good enough to do what he is expecting it to. Otherwise RV manufacturers and even home builders would have been doing this long ago.

Ok, that's what Doug thought, too. But is it any worse than taking a bird bath the way I do now until I go pay for a shower somewhere?

I like conserving water. Maybe there are better filters available? Just asking since I really don't have much knowledge about water filtration systems.

RE: Hour Shower - Abnorm - 09-28-2019

Oh Gawd !……………..""HONEY !......make me one that works...…..""

RE: Hour Shower - CatPerson - 09-28-2019

This is one of those ideas from someone who has 'issues' with thinking things through. (There's a lot of that in the U.S.)

There are portable shower systems out there that will give you a 2-minute shower with 2 gallons of water. Anyone who feels they need a long shower probably shouldn't be living in a van.

RE: Hour Shower - heron - 09-28-2019

So, wash your top part first, then the bottom part, and don't put your head back under the shower? I remember when I was a kid and we had no shower. Depending on what we'd been up to , the ring around that damn tub was some old gross, and I'd been soaking in it for however long.

RE: Hour Shower - Snikwahjm - 09-28-2019

Saturday night was bath night.
We had a bath tub - we were lucky - some people had a big wash tub in the kitchen and had to take turns. But Saturday night was bath night... yup ring around the bath tub.

RE: Hour Shower - MoonTiger - 09-28-2019

(09-28-2019, 11:30 AM)Abnorm Wrote: Oh Gawd !……………..""HONEY !......make me one that works...…..""
When can I expect it?

I really don't mind having bird baths, and I don't need an hour-long shower. But I would really like a better system for rinsing shampoo or conditioner out of my hair. Even two 16-ounce water bottles doesn't seem to be enough. That just ain't right.

Ideas?

RE: Hour Shower - GotSmart - 09-28-2019

Dodgy

I try only to pick on POOPAYE, because he can fight back. However this guy makes me distrust every word that he says. Having had a number of jobs dealing with water, from commercial plumbing to bottling to treatment~~~. I can honestly say that he doesn’t know anything about what he is talking about. 

A filter built out of cotton, charcoal and sand would work and be much cheaper to use than his $100 bag of parts. 

Personally I say no to this system.