Vandweller Forum
1 year down - Printable Version

+- Vandweller Forum (https://vandwellerforum.com)
+-- Forum: Forum announcements (https://vandwellerforum.com/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Forum News (https://vandwellerforum.com/forum-14.html)
+--- Thread: 1 year down (/thread-1840.html)

Pages: 1 2

1 year down - Blacktank - 09-12-2018

one to go,what will happen,nobody knows

RE: 1 year down - Everyroadleadshome - 09-12-2018

Congrats Gary and all the members who came along for the ride. If i'm going to be stuck with a bunch of yarc'ers and misfits, im not sure the internet contains a better place to do it.

1 year down - Blanch - 09-12-2018

I’m glad I am along for the ride. Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: 1 year down - GotSmart - 09-12-2018

What a long, strange trip it’s been.  Cool

RE: 1 year down - Blacktank - 09-12-2018

not much for planning far ahead because who knows what will happen in a year but my current thoughts are

i dont reup,if the forum is to go on it will be community funded and community run

i would much rather be just a regular member and not the guy that just did an update,has to check new members and zap spammers,check the forum many times a day and have zero interest in learning new computer stuff

get someone in here that does and there are many cool plugins that could be added to make this place much better

but in about 9 months a discussion will need to be made

RE: 1 year down - Vesper - 09-12-2018

Happy Yarcaversary!

RE: 1 year down - Matlock - 09-13-2018

Gary, your efforts are appreciated. It's easy for the average Jane or Joe to overlook things like spam and member filtering. Updates are usually viewed as another current-day life inconvenience. Not much consideration is given to the time and patience involved. Thank you for making and keeping Vandwellerforum.com  "The fastest loading site" on the WWW and that's saying something.

Richard

RE: 1 year down - Xanthorhizas - 09-13-2018

Congratulations!

RE: 1 year down - Motrukdriver - 09-13-2018

(09-12-2018, 05:58 PM)Gary Wrote: i would much rather be just a regular member and not the guy that just did an update,has to check new members and zap spammers,check the forum many times a day and have zero interest in learning new computer stuff

It becomes a tiresome task for sure.  I did a couple years of it myself with Cyberian Radio and if you don't keep up with it daily the spammers will take over.  Fortunately I found the Flux forum application and they had a ton of built in spammer eliminators and I tweaked several of them for extra bounce but nothing is 100%.  Before that I was using Simple Machines Forum and geeze louise...  seems like nothing could stop em.  Of course there was the other duties as well like keeping the radio station going and constantly updated and then the chat... good old chat with the rolling banners of the big music venues world wide with the extra video chat on the side.  Boy, I must have been either overly ambitious or just plain crazy.  Oh yeah, there was a game room too.  (face palm)

RE: 1 year down - justjim - 09-13-2018

Only ONE year? It seems longer.