Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Post edits
Just wondering if there is a time limit on editing posts and if so how much time?  Don't  need to edit anything but just wondering for future posts.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Everyroadleadshome for this post:
  • Snikwahjm (09-18-2017)
it is set at 15 minutes
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Blacktank for this post:
  • Everyroadleadshome (09-18-2017)
That was one of the big problems "elsewhere". Too short a timeout.
I don't have any issue with the 15 min limit. I think it helps to have a time limit as if you can edit them a long time after it can get confusing after they've been replied too. 15, 20, 25 min, any of those is a decent cut off point.
I'm on a board where we can edit or delete forever. It doesn't really matter since most people don't sit and read stuff over and over anyway.
I'm not lost. I'm exploring.
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to Snikwahjm for this post:
  • Everyroadleadshome (09-19-2017), Boyntonstu (09-19-2017)
I enjoy a lengthy edit window, it affords the opportunity to step back from a hasty position and offer and apology if needed.  And I'm a bit of a freak about proper spelling, it vexes me to find an old typo.  Big Grin
[-] The following 3 users say Thank You to Queen for this post:
  • Everyroadleadshome (09-19-2017), Boyntonstu (09-19-2017), frater secessus (09-20-2017)
30 wood be mighty nice but th' first people reading might miss th' edit arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh !
stay tuned 
popeye

Weirdo Overlord : FMS Fleet Ops , Awards , Badges ,  aka Tamerlane the Impaler Mod.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to rvpopeye for this post:
  • Everyroadleadshome (09-19-2017)
Forever edit is my choice too.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Boyntonstu for this post:
  • frater secessus (09-20-2017)