Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Medication Discount Card
A medication discount card that really works and the best thing about it is that it's free and can save you upto 84 percent on your everyday medicine.
We all know how expensive medicine in America is, My husband and i came across the medication discount card by accident and used it when i had to go in for surgery and my medicine was less than half price. We've told all our family and friends about the card and they all seem to be happy with it. So now here i am sharing it with you so that you too can get yours and start saving.
How The Prescription Drug Card Works
To use your savings card simply print your card online or fill out an online form to have your card sent out to you. (we filled the online form and had the actual cards sent out) When you've received your card take it to your pharmacist when you drop off or pick up your prescription. There is no application process and your card is activated instantly. Typical savings on brand name drugs are 10% and 20% with the savings on generic drugs sometimes over 84%.
Whether or not you have health insurance and medical cover you can still use the card instead of your medical prescription drug coverage and get a further discount. (try it and see)
If you already have pharmacy benefits you should always check with your pharmacist if the savings are greater when using the card. There will be many times when you'll be provided with discounts greater than what your drug coverage provides.
In addition there are many drugs that typical insurance policies will not cover. These include but are not limited to the following drugs:- anorexiants, appetite suppressants, antacids, anti-obesity, contraceptive devices and implants, cosmetic drugs for hair growth or wrinkles, diagnostic supplies and devices, hypnotics and sedatives, immunizations and vaccines, drugs for impotence, fertility, injectable supplies, medical supplies, nutritional supplies, smoking cessation prescriptions, prenatal vitamins, and many more. your card will provide discounts on all of these medicines in addition to any FDA approved drug.
Here is the Medication Discount Card Link
https://medicationdiscountcard.com/
Here is the list of medicines that are discounted on the medication card
https://medicationdiscountcard.com/drug-full-list
[-] The following 3 users say Thank You to Anna for this post:
  • heron (11-22-2017), Texjbird (11-23-2017), rvpopeye (11-23-2017)
(11-22-2017, 08:12 PM)Anna Wrote: Whether or not you have health insurance and medical cover you can still use the card instead of your medical prescription drug coverage and get a further discount. (try it and see)
If you already have pharmacy benefits you should always check with your pharmacist if the savings are greater when using the card.
https://medicationdiscountcard.com/
Here is the list of medicines that are discounted on the medication card
https://medicationdiscountcard.com/drug-full-list

I read an article recently, in which it said that it's sometimes true that paying the full cost at Wally World can be cheaper than paying the co pay! So, this is really worth trying, for sure! Thanks, Anna!
One gloriously stinkin' badge.
ROOIRIA
FULL MONTY!!!!
You're welcome, Heron. As far as I'm concerned every bit helps. My husbands Son is saving several hundreds of dollars on his medication and so is everyone else whom we've told. So i'm hoping that you'll benefit from it too.

All the best
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Anna for this post:
  • heron (11-22-2017)
Also check different pharmacies for their prices. They vary wildly. You may get by with generic which is the regular medication which has lapsed out of the patent. You can also buy the generic that has been ‘improved’ by going time lapse - the generic is the pre time lapse, you might take more than one but it is hundreds cheaper. If you do a pen, get the syringe - saves a ton of money. The doctors office will teach you how to use a regular syringe. My mom was in the coverage gap on her meds every year by thousands of dollars, a nurse looked over her meds and told me the above info. The doctors were glad to change things when they knew the meds were being supervised. We save by buying from the insurance pharmacy for three months at a time. We saved around a thousand a month on medications this year. Just for Mom. If you need help you can call your insurance company and talk to a nurse and if that doesn’t work you can talk to an insurance company pharmacy about how to reduce the cost of your meds. Grumpy... saved a big chunk by taking one of his meds weekly instead of every 6 months. It does the same thing the time release does and saves a ton of money. Your insurance company may pay a pharmacist to go over your medications to see if you should be taking them and if they are compatible. Ask. If it is an expensive drug, some times you can get free samples at the doctors office. Some times you can call the drug company and get samples. There are a lot of possibilities out there that can save a bunch of money. You can call your insurance company and ask to talk to a nurse about other stuff, too. One time I had to call about some thing or another and they sent out 48 free meals. The meals had to be frozen and my Dad hated them. We made a game out of the meals and I was happy to not have to burn any food...
[-] The following 3 users say Thank You to Snikwahjm for this post:
  • rvpopeye (11-23-2017), AbuelaLoca (11-23-2017), heron (11-23-2017)
Over on the other site, Bob has blogged about traveling to Algadones, Mexico, for inexpensive dental work, and also to buy prescription drugs at Mexican pharmacies, where they are much cheaper.

Here's a web site that goes into more detail on the hows and whys:

https://www.dayodental.com/what-are-the-...om-mexico/

And to present a counterpoint, here's a website that mentions some potential problems and dangers in doing this:

https://www.tripsavvy.com/buying-prescri...co-2677514
Regards

John

I don't like to make advance plans.  It causes the word PREMEDITATED get thrown around in the courtroom!
I'm NOT crazy!  My mother had me tested! Cool
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to Optimistic Paranoid for this post:
  • AbuelaLoca (11-23-2017), heron (11-23-2017)
John,

I've read your article and it's very informative, Thank you.

The thing I find so strange though is the fact that the pharmaceutical drugs are more or less created the same by the pharmaceutical drug companies yet there is a big discrepancy in price tags between Mexico and the united states. I know its done in a way to make sure that all people in each country find it hard to purchase due to the economy of each country and therefore price it accordingly. The same holds true for Australia. Vitamin B12 injections and Iron injections are almost the quarter of U.S prices and my doctor has given me both a letter and a script to take back with me to cover me for the next 6 months. then after that, i might try the Mexico pharmacies. what a shame they don't do online shopping and shipments of their meds.
(11-23-2017, 12:25 PM)Anna Wrote: . . . my doctor has given me both a letter and a script to take back with me to cover me for the next 6 months. then after that, i might try the Mexico pharmacies.

I don't know how much help an Australian script is going to be over here. 

I'm on Warfarin, and have to get tested once a month or so.  While planning a lengthy trip in Canada, I looked into having the testing done up there.  Emails to a couple of large Canadian Lab chains brought responses that they WOULD NOT honor a script from my American Dr., and they suggested that I would have to find a Canadian Dr. who would order the tests for me, and relay the results to my cardiologist.  I've no idea what that would cost, and no idea if my medical insurance would cover it or not.  I discussed it with my cardiologist at my last visit, and he had nothing helpful to suggest.

The two biggest pharmacy chains in the US are CVS and Walgreens.  I looked on both their sites for an email address, and couldn't find one - they are apparently still stuck in the 20th century!  They have 800 numbers, which I'm sure won't work from OZ, and snailmail addresses.  I would suggest you write both of them and enquire about your Aussie script before you come over again.

CVS Corporation
Customer Relations
One CVS Drive
Woonsocket RI 02895

ATTN: Consumer Relations
Walgreens Company
200 Wilmot Road
MS# 2002
Deerfield IL 60015
Regards

John

I don't like to make advance plans.  It causes the word PREMEDITATED get thrown around in the courtroom!
Walmart Pharmacies advertise that they provide many common prescription drugs for $4.

Here is a list of which drugs are available cheaply at Walmart:

https://www.walmart.com/cp/1078664
Regards

John

My Mom uses the Walmart insulin and it is much cheaper but it is not $4 either. We had the insurance company nurse help us figure that out then went to the doctors office and got the prescription changed. The doctors don’t know the cost of a prescription or are awful good at acting. Calling various pharmacies can get you a wide variety of prices. Costco pharmacy is by CVS. Some grocery stores have pharmacies and one prescription might be less expensive at one etc... compare prices.
(11-25-2017, 10:25 AM)Optimistic Paranoid Wrote:
(11-23-2017, 12:25 PM)Anna Wrote: . . . my doctor has given me both a letter and a script to take back with me to cover me for the next 6 months. then after that, i might try the Mexico pharmacies.

I don't know how much help an Australian script is going to be over here. 

I'm on Warfarin, and have to get tested once a month or so.  While planning a lengthy trip in Canada, I looked into having the testing done up there.  Emails to a couple of large Canadian Lab chains brought responses that they WOULD NOT honor a script from my American Dr., and they suggested that I would have to find a Canadian Dr. who would order the tests for me, and relay the results to my cardiologist.  I've no idea what that would cost, and no idea if my medical insurance would cover it or not.  I discussed it with my cardiologist at my last visit, and he had nothing helpful to suggest.

The two biggest pharmacy chains in the US are CVS and Walgreens.  I looked on both their sites for an email address, and couldn't find one - they are apparently still stuck in the 20th century!  They have 800 numbers, which I'm sure won't work from OZ, and snailmail addresses.  I would suggest you write both of them and enquire about your Aussie script before you come over again.

CVS Corporation
Customer Relations
One CVS Drive
Woonsocket RI 02895

ATTN: Consumer Relations
Walgreens Company
200 Wilmot Road
MS# 2002
Deerfield IL 60015
Thanks, John, Much appreciated.

What I'll do is get all my scripts filled in over here and bring the medicine with me in my luggage. I'll also bring the doctors letter and script should I get stopped at customs and also as proof. then try and see a doctor in the states that will fill the same script out for me. I don't like my chances though because I know how much doctors in the states like to send their patients in for tests etc. So I'm wondering if I took my doctor's address and phone number if the U.S doctors would do me the courtesy of calling my doc and exchanging info. I know that that exchange would save me in a lot of retesting and money.