Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
self confidence in Vandwelling
I think it is quite a brave lifestyle to be a van-dweller.

Being self dependent is achievable, but there is a certain inner confidence, to have purpose.

In the beginning it is simply just "not being afraid", then there is the voices in the head saying "am i doing something wrong?"

For want for a better example, we as a human race are conditioned to renting (or buying) the brick house that separates us from the outside world.

There is a safety in locking the doors and windows and knowing that one is doing the "right thing", which is the accepted mainstream.

Pay the way and you are allowed to be. 

Suddenly Van-dwelling disrupts that whole equilibrium.

It takes a great inner achievement to be totally sure "sticking it to the man", when everyone is "paying the man".

I just feel that very powerful organisations do not want even 1% of the people to escape this paradigm.
[-] The following 3 users say Thank You to Unlocking Freedom for this post:
  • Brad (10-16-2019), American Nomad Patriot (11-02-2019), (11-03-2019)
I'm surprised this post got no attention. I think it is a common belief that society looks down or does not agree with what we call van dwelling. Society couldn't care less how you live. There is no society that is threatened by alternative lifestyles. We are a blip on the screen of life, it is only when the way anyone lives negatively impacts others that attention is drawn. Blaming "society" for personal problems doesn't compute.
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to buckwilk for this post:
  • Cammalu (11-02-2019), American Nomad Patriot (11-02-2019)
I really don’t think anyone cares at all unless you are a menace.
monkeyfoot
Unlockingfreedom and Buckwilk. We would love to know more about you.

It would be great if you went to the welcome center thread and introduced yourselves.
monkeyfoot
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Cammalu for this post:
  • American Nomad Patriot (11-02-2019)
^^^^ Thanks for posting Camilla...………….I didn't want to be first !!!

I find these "Grande" posts without a "person" are creepy......trolling.....even spam

BUTT...….I'm an old curmudgeon...……...what the hell do I know...…
PAULETTE and "Two Cats and THE DOUG"

Whereabouts unknown...……...
[-] The following 3 users say Thank You to Abnorm for this post:
  • Cammalu (11-02-2019), American Nomad Patriot (11-02-2019), heron (11-05-2019)
I flip it a bit in that I don't care one bit what society thinks of what I do Smile
the judgements and more are out there full force, it is what it is. Agree with Camm, anyone throwing up annoyances etc. in other's faces then you get the backlash. And of course that is gonna happen and will continue to do so.

and while I get the leave the rat race, don't debt your azz into the grave and all there are a ton of people out there who are in love with their sticks and bricks, love their locations, want to stay put for life in their home and live a darn good life and they are happy as clams. Not everyone is in 'jail' at all out there as someone like me might see it LOL
3 Stinkin' Badges, YARC, 3 Cat Ass Trophies , ROOIRIA Wannabe,(never happen) and still a Bisquit cause me soggy!
And 2 run down Flying Manure Spreaders!
[-] The following 3 users say Thank You to RoamerRV428 for this post:
  • Cammalu (11-02-2019), American Nomad Patriot (11-02-2019), heron (11-05-2019)
I see in the next 5 yrs that more and more people will figure it out. Many may have the mindset of smaller is better. The smart watch for example. The only problem with more people doing it the most "the man" will create globalist unjust rules, reg, codes, and or laws to "control" us. Could be to limit parking, etc. Anything popular that "the man" does not have control over ...will eventually get it. I could go into American History here as a peek into the past but I think it might be considered political. Have you seen the rise in preppers? Not to make fun of anyone...but probably some of the people in CA that are now scrambling for goods to survive due to power outages laughed and made fun of folks like me that have been prepping and putting out caches for 10+ yrs across the country. In many ways..Vandwelling is survivalist related.
#NomadLivesMatter  
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to American Nomad Patriot for this post:
  • heron (11-05-2019)
California is looking towards individual solar power in a big way.    Big Grin
Compared to parenting, Cat herding is less complicated
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to GotSmart for this post:
  • heron (11-05-2019)
There are as many reasons people vandwell as there are van dwellers. Each person has nuances and subjectivity. However,  I have a hunch that people who were moved by their parents several times at a young age got used to change. Some may hate it. Those that get moved too much maybe. Some may take to it. Subconsciously an consciously. I was born and raised in Africa, went back and forth to England, moved to England, then to America, back to England, then settled in America until adulthood. I’m told I crawled through a hole in the hedge in Africa at age 2 and set up shop with some Africans. And Safari was what I dreamed of and assumed my life was going to be. I’ve always been outgoing. Until being sent to boarding school in England where I was shamed, guilt tripped, and beaten and told it was bad to be myself and I must be something else. So I tried to be a good little soldier for decades and was miserable. Recently I realized I’m my most relaxed and myself when I think I’m on a Safari. So that’s what I’m going to do.
[-] The following 3 users say Thank You to Roadtripp for this post:
  • Snikwahjm (11-03-2019), American Nomad Patriot (11-04-2019), heron (11-05-2019)
Dang Roadtrip. That sounds like an awful childhood. So sorry
monkeyfoot
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Cammalu for this post:
  • heron (11-05-2019)