Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Laundry in a travel trailer
I use a little machine called a Panda to do my laundry. It is placed in my shower stall and filled with water and clothes. I fill it with water from the shower hose and I drain the dirty water into my shower gray water tank.

Of course I use the laundromat for large loads or sheets and blankets. But this is great for clothes. After the separate spin dry I use an old fashioned clothes line and the stuff dries fast. The spin dry really works very well. If there are afternoon thundershowers predicted I just hang the clothes inside the trailer.

This method works very well when I have more time than money. It is a bit labor intensive, but with the cost of gas it only runs me about $1.00 per load.

[Image: 3d11562552fa43ea41639c3f9fdb4e85.jpg][Image: a958a078486cf8a7da50d157be69e275.jpg]

You can find these with many different brand names. I got mine off eBay for about $100. I have seen them listed from $70 to $200.

But here you go.... my inexpensive way to do laundry on the road.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[-] The following 6 users say Thank You to Blanch for this post:
  • AbuelaLoca (07-24-2018), Snikwahjm (07-24-2018), heron (07-24-2018), Heidi Mull (07-24-2018), Everyroadleadshome (07-25-2018), Nana (01-30-2019)
That sounds tempting that’s for sure. But I’ve decided I’d rather use the laundromat and save the space and weight. I threw out my plunger and half my clothespins during one of my purges, they cost me, gasp, two pounds in weight?!?
One Stinkin Badge!
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to waldenbound for this post:
  • Blanch (07-24-2018), heron (07-24-2018)
I use Panda's spin dryer. Good stuff!

Is the reason you don't do sheets or blankets in yours because they don't fit? I do our (queen size) sheets and duvet cover in ours easily, and whatever blankets fit. We only have one that doesn't fit, and since we rely on this for all our laundry (aside from an hour long drive to see family; I cannot do laundromats for medical reasons) I'm giving that thing major side-eye right now...

Edit: Found a pic!

[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to Heidi Mull for this post:
  • Blanch (07-24-2018), Nana (01-30-2019)
I sleep with my dogs so I like to do a heavy duty wash on the sheets and blankets.

I really like mine. I have even done laundry in this thing with creek water.

[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Blanch for this post:
  • Heidi Mull (07-24-2018)
Runs on gas?
monkeyfoot
No. I have to run my gas generator to use it.

(07-24-2018, 06:13 PM)Blanch Wrote: I sleep with my dogs so I like to do a heavy duty wash on the sheets and blankets.

I really like mine. I have even done laundry in this thing with creek water.

Ah, yes. We get so much dog hair in ours it plugs up the bathtub drain LOL
I was planning on the bucket and plunger to wash, a wringer attached to the tongue of the TT for rinse and wring out and one of those clothes line things that open up like an umbrella with a receiver part that goes in the trailer hitch on the Jeep. But oh well, plans have changed.
  [Image: 414097000.jpg]
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to Motrukdriver for this post:
  • Blanch (07-25-2018), Nana (01-30-2019)
I used the poop bucket.

Since I shall never again use a five-gallon bucket to poop in. The ones that come with lids that go on really tight. Place on the floor with laundry, soap, and water. Bungie it to a couple of points and go for a drive. Washing away the miles. When you stop for gas use their free water and dump the soapy water and fill with fresh. Next stop rinse again. Then stop drain and use a spinner to remove extra water. Also helps clean the outdoor picnic table and Hang while you sip a drink.
Beast Master,JunkyMonkey,Drinks with Wolves,Fup'd Duck,Sheriff Ricochet Cockroach 4B's 1 cluster,3 TFMS Tempory Weirdo Overlord replacement 
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to Scott7022 for this post:
  • Blanch (07-25-2018), heron (07-27-2018)
Scott is going for the sick puppy award. Having read his last book, punch that badge.  Confused

Poops in laundry  Tongue
Compared to parenting, Cat herding is less complicated 
[-] The following 3 users say Thank You to GotSmart for this post:
  • Blanch (07-25-2018), Everyroadleadshome (07-25-2018), heron (07-27-2018)