Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Engle Dometic Whytner ???
I am considering any/all options for refrigeration at this point. My 1 1/2 year old Dometic three way in my TT has died. One option I am considering is just buying a 12v unit to use as a freezer or frig and leave the broken one in place for storage.

Who has experience with these 12v boxes? Can you unplug them over night? Are they durable? Any unexpected issues?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes , yes , yes and improving the cooling system for the compressor.
stay tuned 
popeye

Weirdo Overlord : FMS Fleet Ops , Awards , Badges ,  aka Tamerlane the Impaler Mod.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to rvpopeye for this post:
  • Blanch (04-09-2018)
So they keep everything cool, if left closed, overnight if left unplugged?

yup  Cool , you could also freeze water to use in the old fridge ..... Exclamation
stay tuned 
popeye

Weirdo Overlord : FMS Fleet Ops , Awards , Badges ,  aka Tamerlane the Impaler Mod.
  • Blanch (04-09-2018)
(04-09-2018, 12:51 PM)rvpopeye Wrote: yup  Cool , you could also freeze water to use in the old fridge ..... Exclamation

I really like that idea! Thanks.

Freeze two jugs. One for the freezer and one for the fridge. Alternate before all the ice melts.
I'm not lost. I'm exploring.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Snikwahjm for this post:
  • Blanch (04-09-2018)
Snicky's idea is what I do for my cooler in the car. Works great , I up it to 4 jugs when it gets really hot out.2in+2out.

(remember , if you turn it down to freeze temps it will use more power....)
and,,freeze everything else inside Tongue
stay tuned 
popeye

• Blanch (04-09-2018)
Is the three way repairable?  There are things that stop the cooling that might not be expensive.  Did you smell ammonia?  Have you tried 120 volts and 12 volts as well as propane?
Say good night, Dick.
(04-09-2018, 05:08 PM)Trebor English Wrote: Is the three way repairable?  There are things that stop the cooling that might not be expensive.  Did you smell ammonia?  Have you tried 120 volts and 12 volts as well as propane?

Nothing works, it is dead. It doesn’t work on 110, 12v or propane, and has no power. The RV repair place mentioned replacing the circuit boards to get the electricity back, but can’t guarantee any fix. It was also having problems with the ignition on propane before it died. So they suggested replacing external and internal circuit boards, the spark igniter and after all of that, if it doesn’t work I should replace it. $1300 to replace it.

you can keep an eye on craigslist
https://redding.craigslist.org/app/d/sup...93951.html

rv refrigerator,motorhome refrigerator,12 volt refrigerator
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Blacktank for this post:
  • Blanch (04-09-2018)