Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
grey water disposal
Has anyone come up with stealth ways to drain or discharge grey water while say driving? When way out in the middle of nowhere or late at night on deserted roads highways I think maybe a way to let some out on the fly would come in handy. I would probably pull over to the shoulder as far as I could get towards the grass at night and be able to open valve to discharge from inside. Let it take a leak. Crap...No I gotta go "take a leak".
Do you have a camper? There is a new device that you can push a button inside and it opens your gray or black. Pretty sure it was designed for sitting in a park though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
monkeyfoot
(02-20-2018, 07:33 PM)Cammalu Wrote: Do you have a camper?  There is a new device that you can push a button inside and it opens your gray or black. Pretty sure it was designed for sitting in a park though.

I have a 5th wheel right now. But I'm shopping for a shuttle bus to downsize to.
Here is the dumping system that allows you to open your tanks from inside.

monkeyfoot
I watched the video. Great product. I'll have to check to see if they have one with a smaller diameter. I would want to "leak" it out sometimes stealthly. That way if I want to dump some of my grey water going down the road I down leave a trail too much. Plus my discharge pipe is probably not going to be that large on my shuttle bus. Prob more like 2". I wish I had these on my 5th wheel i got now..but I'm getting rid of it asap for the shuttle bus. Thank you again for showing me the vid !!
Put this on loosely or drill a small hole in your cap:

https://www.pplmotorhomes.com/parts/elec...ap_88-9401

monkeyfoot
Earthroamers have an electrical switch that dumps the grey tank. Not an issue in Canada so long as you are using safe soaps. With all the rain a little extra is well "forget about it."

I know some products are available for valving engine exhaust pipes and bypassing the mufflers. Straight piping I think it is called. Something cheap and simple could be adapted. Even a butterfly valve with a small linear actuator for opening old style car door locks could be used. Put it in the sealing cap and measure so at full travel would just crack the butterfly.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Scott7022 for this post:
  • heron (03-01-2018)
My class A was a 1976 top end model , it came with a system that would slowly drip the contents of the gray tank onto the hot muffler as I drove.......drip , hissss , a puff of steam , gone ! Repeat in a few seconds.
(Basically what Scott was describing)
stay tuned 
popeye

Weirdo Overlord : FMS Fleet Ops , Awards , Badges ,  aka Tamerlane the Impaler Mod.
(02-22-2018, 04:52 PM)Cammalu Wrote: Put this on loosely or drill a small hole in your cap:

https://www.pplmotorhomes.com/parts/elec...ap_88-9401

I think I actually already have one of those. But I don't plan my discharge piping to be that big diameter. BUT....That did give me an idea !! If the tank drain is actually the size of a garden hose then I can make a little access door to get to a regular garden hose shut off valve. or hook up to some sort of timer like they do for sprinklers. May not be pretty...but it might get the job done.
(02-23-2018, 10:32 AM)rvpopeye Wrote: My class A was a 1976 top end model , it came with a system that would slowly drip the contents of the gray tank onto the hot muffler as I drove.......drip , hissss , a puff of steam , gone ! Repeat in a few seconds.
(Basically what Scott was describing)

Now that's the point I was trying to get to. Thank you to each of you! I think I can rig something up for my rig now. Will share the results when finished.  David
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to RepublicOfTXPatriot for this post:
  • heron (03-01-2018)