Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The RTR and "those" rubber tramps
Once Im out on the road, I will never visit this gathering. I dont do crowds of any kind. Gatherings, yes. But not that many.
(03-02-2018, 10:43 PM)VanGrrl57 Wrote: ... if all goes as planned, I'm thinking about going back to Montana and Wyoming and work at Yellowstone again. My old boss out at Yellowstone told me that I had a job there again if I wanted it.

Hope the gig works out for you. Got a driveway here in Bozeman with your name on it if you need to come into town for supplies or a break.
YARC : Drunk in the Mud/Keeper of the Dingy/Ears [Image: L3000.gif]/Potluck Contributions Restricted
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to Putts for this post:
  • Ballenxj (03-03-2018), VanGrrl57 (03-04-2018)
(03-02-2018, 10:43 PM)VanGrrl57 Wrote: I'm not 100 percent sure but if all goes as planned, I'm thinking about going back to Montana and Wyoming and work at Yellowstone again. My old boss out at Yellowstone told me that I had a job there again if I wanted it. I will be 61 this coming April, so I have another year to work. Then I plan on taking early retirement. Yellowstone is HUGE and I didn't get to see all I wanted to see. I didn't get to make it to the Grand Tetons while working at Yellowstone last season and I want to do that. Employees get a free seasonal pass to Yellowstone as well as to Grand Teton National Park.  Smile  

If you're only seeing Yellowstone in the summer, you might want to pick up this free download to see what you've been missing . . .

https://landscapephotographymagazine.com...ne-winter/
Regards

John

I don't like to make advance plans.  It causes the word PREMEDITATED get thrown around in the courtroom!
I'm NOT crazy!  My mother had me tested! Cool
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to Optimistic Paranoid for this post:
  • AbuelaLoca (03-03-2018), VanGrrl57 (03-04-2018)
(03-03-2018, 07:36 AM)Optimistic Paranoid Wrote:
(03-02-2018, 10:43 PM)VanGrrl57 Wrote: I'm not 100 percent sure but if all goes as planned, I'm thinking about going back to Montana and Wyoming and work at Yellowstone again. My old boss out at Yellowstone told me that I had a job there again if I wanted it. I will be 61 this coming April, so I have another year to work. Then I plan on taking early retirement. Yellowstone is HUGE and I didn't get to see all I wanted to see. I didn't get to make it to the Grand Tetons while working at Yellowstone last season and I want to do that. Employees get a free seasonal pass to Yellowstone as well as to Grand Teton National Park.  Smile  

If you're only seeing Yellowstone in the summer, you might want to pick up this free download to see what you've been missing . . .

https://landscapephotographymagazine.com...ne-winter/

Hi John! 

How have you been? Thanks for the link, too. 

I have some friends, including my former boss, that are still at Yellowstone (West Yellowstone is where they are staying) and they tell me that I have to experience Yellowstone in the winter. I had thought about it but having my surgery was no longer something I could put off. Now that I have done that, maybe I will experience a Yellowstone winter one of these days.  Big Grin Before I do that, though, I want to attend the 2019 RTR because I have never been to one.

VanGrrl57  Smile
I actually rolled by the RTR this year. I was on another trip and had business in Q. I didn't stay, the crowd seemed a bit large for my taste. Sounds like I did the right thing.
Zonie you should have come out to the YARC Camp. We were at the LTVA La Posa south. I think some of us will problem return next year and take the same spot. It’s really a great spot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
monkeyfoot
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Cammalu for this post:
  • GypsyDogs (03-20-2018)
Bought my first van new in 1972. $1600 !! Been doing this thing off and on ever since. I went to the RTR first in 2012, after it was over I hauled a pickup truck load of trash to the dump. All in all trash is not a big problem at this gathering nowadays. Youtube is what's driving the RTR and it and the people attending are different than days passed. Most of the negativity of the event seems to be spread by folks who find it not to be what they expected. Like anything else change happens. The Q area is huge and it is quite simple to go someplace and camp and visit the event one or two days. A walk through allows you to get the flavor and catch up with or simply make new friends. Social Blade ranks Bob in the top 55,000 of youtubers, 1,500,000 views in 30 days. As much as $74,000 in yearly income. So it's easy to see what the fuss is about.