Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Water damage, the good the bad and other upgrades
(02-17-2018, 05:13 PM)Snikwahjm Wrote: Ew, I’ve been getting rid of old shoes and clothes, old kitchen stuff and old sewing stuff so we can get my dad moved. Are we supposed to sell that stuff? Dad has around 25 book shelves that are pretty worthless. There is no where to store stuff like that. The only valuables might be some cheap old tools from the 90’s and his hearing aids. The house is to be rented as far as I know. The couch goes in the trash. It has a bad smell.

My folks had fairly new furniture, and I gave that to some family members, and a lot of other stuff I have sold off.
BUT, there was a massive amount of clothes, some I gave away and some I donated, and drawers, cabinets, and closets
full of stuff that I have to sort through.

I am the only person here that can go through everything, and it can be quite over whelming when you have to decide
what stays and what goes.

I`m going to be living in a Class B RV once I get the house sold, so I have to be very selective as to what I can keep and
what has to go, its very hard to do. There are some things I want to keep, but I just wont have the space for some of it.
2001 Phoenix Cruiser 2300B.        
On A Ford E350 Chassis.

Full time since 10-12-18
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to shadow for this post:
  • rvpopeye (02-18-2018)
I understand what you are going through.

I have both my parent pass within 10 months of each other. They had lived 36 years in the same place...which was the same place my grandparents had live for the preceding 40years. The long standing tradition was to build another storage shed in the back whenever there was too much in the house and garage!

It took me 4 months to clean it all out. This was far tougher than just clearing out my stuff was in the past. This was childhood memories too.

May I suggest that you donate some stuff to the local hospice? They do good work and get little mention.

It is hard to get rid of almost every item. I did the same. Kept a couple small items....the rest went.
One thing I did was to keep my grandmothers silverware. I use it everyday in the RV. I kept a couple pieces of my Mother’s silver service. I use it.
1989 Honeywell motorhome
Ford E350 chassis.  460 engine
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to RoamingKat for this post:
  • shadow (02-18-2018)
The furniture and other things aren't important to me, its the more personal stuff that is, but I can`t
take it all with me, so I have to be very selective in what I can keep.

What I can`t give away or sell, I will have to throw away, I don`t have much choice.
And when you really get down to it, its just stuff.
On A Ford E350 Chassis.

Full time since 10-12-18
Around here we have trash rationing so we will be donating as much as is usable.
I'm not lost. I'm exploring.
(02-18-2018, 08:19 AM)RoamingKat Wrote: One thing I did was to keep my grandmothers silverware.  I use it everyday in the RV.  I kept a couple pieces of my Mother’s silver service.  I use it.

Lovely...just lovely. I'd like something like that. I have a little ceramic tea cup of my mom's, but I dont think it would survive the road. I have a vial of my dad's ashes. I'll keep it in the junk drawer with all the other cool stuff. Thanks for the reminder!
YARC : Drunk in the Mud/Keeper of the Dingy/Ears [Image: L3000.gif]/Potluck Contributions Restricted
At least you are not personally liable for the Medicaid bill. If nothing was in your name, you may well have to liquidate, but do check in with a lawyer to be sure you do it properly
Two gloriously stinkin' badges.
Official YARC ship’s navigator.
I haven`t been here in a while, so I will update on what`s been going on.

My parents had a trust when they passed away, and everything goes to me as the beneficiary, but I had to
get a lawyer to handle the legal b.s.. I did find out that I have to pay back Medicaid almost one hundred thousand dollars.

So for the last month I have been clearing out the house and selling things that have to go, and also giving a lot of stuff away to family members. The house is about ninety percent empty right now, except for two bedrooms that are still being used.

The house was put on the market three days ago, had the carpets cleaned today, and the first viewing is this Saturday.
I still have a work shop to clean out, and a barn that needs to be cleaned. I have been taking extra days off from work to get things done, but it seems never ending.

I have a neighbor that is coming over Saturday to help me clean out the barn, hopefully we can get it done in one day.
Then start on the work shop, it seems never ending, but you have to keep going until everything is done.

As for my RV, its still for sale, any reasonable offer no matter how low would be considered.

That`s about it for right now.
On A Ford E350 Chassis.

Full time since 10-12-18
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to shadow for this post:
  • rvpopeye (03-09-2018)