Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Water damage, the good the bad and other upgrades
Going out on a limb here......After you sell off everything you want.
You will have enough to pay off medicaid AND still get that class B !
(or at least , REALLY fix up the current rig...)
Stay Tuned
rvpopeye

Weirdo Overlord  YARC 
ROOIRIA  
14 "Stinkin'Badges"  a "Full Monty Badge" 2 "Just Ignore Me" clusters  4 "Pine Cone" clusters  one "Stinkin' Badger" and 7 of the coveted "Flying Manure Spreader"awards
1 of which is a limited edition Turkey Poop Spreader (What a "Stinkin' " honor !)

[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to rvpopeye for this post:
  • shadow (02-12-2018)
(02-12-2018, 09:03 AM)rvpopeye Wrote: Going out on a limb here......After you sell off everything you want.
You will have enough to pay off medicaid AND still get that class B !
(or at least , REALLY fix up the current rig...)

That`s what I`m thinking also.
I would like enough money left over to get the Class B I want, and to put some money in savings.
2001 Phoenix Cruiser 2300B
On A Ford E350 Chassis
V10 Engine
*kaa-chinggg*

Keep your eye on the prize and it sounds like you'll make it.
YARC : Drunk in the Mud/Keeper of the Dingy/Ears [Image: L3000.gif]/Potluck Contributions Restricted
I am very sorry for your double loss.  

You said that your parents had left a living trust if I remember correctly? 

I have known friends and neighbors who have been lower income on medicaid and after their deaths I have never heard of Medicaid expecting to be repaid.  My Grandparents didn't own their home however there were 2 cars, a coin collection, guns, tools etc.  I was in my late teens and then 20yrs old when they died. 

We had a family lawyer who had done their will.  There was no repayment of medicare/medicaid involved.  That was a long time ago.  It might be good for you to seek legal advice.

I hope things work out for you and you get to grieve without worrying too much about getting Medicaid repayed and getting the estate settled.

Jewellann
        AND THAT'S ALL I'VE GOT TO SAY ABOUT THAT   "FORREST GUMP"   

JUST SAYING A THING DOES NOT MEAN IT WILL HAPPEN

I'M NOT HERE   Cool   YOU DIDN'T SEE ME

[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Texjbird for this post:
  • shadow (02-12-2018)
(02-12-2018, 06:48 PM)Texjbird Wrote: I am very sorry for your double loss.  

You said that your parents had left a living trust if I remember correctly? 

I have known friends and neighbors who have been lower income on medicaid and after their deaths I have never heard of Medicaid expecting to be repaid.  My Grandparents didn't own their home however there were 2 cars, a coin collection, guns, tools etc.  I was in my late teens and then 20yrs old when they died. 

We had a family lawyer who had done their will.  There was no repayment of medicare/medicaid involved.  That was a long time ago.  It might be good for you to seek legal advice.

I hope things work out for you and you get to grieve without worrying too much about getting Medicaid repayed and getting the estate settled.

Jewellann

I had to get a lawyer today, to help me with the living trust, and the Medicaid situation.
I should know more about it in the next few days.

I sure hope I don`t have to repay Medicaid.
On A Ford E350 Chassis
V10 Engine
[-] The following 3 users say Thank You to shadow for this post:
  • rvpopeye (02-12-2018), Ballenxj (02-12-2018), Texjbird (02-12-2018)
As someone who went through this..
DO NOT Spend ANY of the money you make from selling things..
Right now.. Everything your parents had "belongs to Medicaid"...
They will try to collect the bill out of the estate and sale of belongings.. Then anything left over goes to you.. eventually..
after every other bill collector tries to get their mitts on it too.

Yes. Get an Estate Lawyer..
You are not responsible to pay Medicaid back.. but your parents are.. in that their estate value goes to past debt First.
If they find out you are giving your parent's stuff away-- medicaid may be legally able to then come after you for theft of value... just a fair warning.
My body is a temple- Ancient and crumbling,  
probably cursed 

[Image: AIDog_Line_Sm_Teal_GD.png]
I am the Ear-Wormer with a Stinkin' Badge 
[-] The following 3 users say Thank You to GypsyDogs for this post:
  • rvpopeye (02-17-2018), shadow (02-17-2018), Texjbird (02-17-2018)
(02-17-2018, 08:21 AM)GypsyDogs Wrote: As someone who went through this..
DO NOT Spend ANY of the money you make from selling things..
Right now.. Everything your parents had "belongs to Medicaid"...
They will try to collect the bill out of the estate and sale of belongings..  Then anything left over goes to you.. eventually..
after every other bill collector tries to get their mitts on it too.

Yes. Get an Estate Lawyer..
You are not responsible to pay Medicaid back.. but your parents are.. in that their estate value goes to past debt First.
If they find out you are giving your parent's stuff away-- medicaid may be legally able to then come after you for theft of value...  just a fair warning.

All of the money coming in from selling things is going in the bank to pay bills and to keep the house going right now.
Other than the regular monthly bills, my parents didn`t have many other bills. All of the medical bills that weren't covered
by insurance, I have paid off.

I did receive a letter from Medicaid, and if I`m reading it right, there is no repayment required to Medicaid.
I will show this letter to my attorney and get his opinion as to what it means.
I sure hope that`s right, it would save me about $100.000 dollars.
On A Ford E350 Chassis
V10 Engine
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to shadow for this post:
  • Ballenxj (02-17-2018), rvpopeye (02-17-2018)
Phew! *crosses fingers*
YARC : Drunk in the Mud/Keeper of the Dingy/Ears [Image: L3000.gif]/Potluck Contributions Restricted
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Putts for this post:
  • shadow (02-17-2018)
Ew, I’ve been getting rid of old shoes and clothes, old kitchen stuff and old sewing stuff so we can get my dad moved. Are we supposed to sell that stuff? Dad has around 25 book shelves that are pretty worthless. There is no where to store stuff like that. The only valuables might be some cheap old tools from the 90’s and his hearing aids. The house is to be rented as far as I know. The couch goes in the trash. It has a bad smell.
Snick
Call Medicaid folks and tell 'em if they want his stuff to come pick it up or it's out in the snow ?
Stay Tuned
rvpopeye

Weirdo Overlord  YARC 
ROOIRIA  
14 "Stinkin'Badges"  a "Full Monty Badge" 2 "Just Ignore Me" clusters  4 "Pine Cone" clusters  one "Stinkin' Badger" and 7 of the coveted "Flying Manure Spreader"awards
1 of which is a limited edition Turkey Poop Spreader (What a "Stinkin' " honor !)