Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
2000 Ford E350 15 Passenger Van Build
Yeah, I'm a hermit normally. If I leave the house or town, it is an adventure.
This morning I am debating about going back to the high country today. with or without that cargo carrier on the back of the van is the question. The weather is unsettled, off and on rain. I'm seeing no snow forecast for up there. I'm just 1/2 done with my first cup of coffee at this point, it'll probably clarify for me when I'm 1/2 done with my second cup. I am wanting to stay up there for a longer time than I had last trip.
I wish that I had a Honda 2000 generator rather than the 3000 that I already owned. I bought it 13 years ago when I was living in a 27 foot travel trailer for about 5 years. I can't lift the 3000 by myself. It's a lot of extra weight that I really don't need. The 2000 would charge my battery bank just fine when the sun is hiding.

Well, I guess that I will go with the cargo carrier on. (I'm lazy to remove all that stuff). The van is loaded except for a few groceries that I will pick up on the way out.
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to S Cello for this post:
  • Blanch (10-02-2018), American Nomad Patriot (10-03-2018)
Have a great trip!

Your van build looks amazing!

I am currently in the redwoods but hope to head to Alabama Hills in a couple of weeks. The weather there looks good, the rainy season is starting here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Just do what feels right. If you get there and change your mind, all you have to do is turn around and go back. Or somewhere else. Whichever, have a good time!
Go with the weather my friend !! Safe Travels. Keep us updated please. David
#NomadLivesMatter  
(10-02-2018, 12:36 PM)Blanch Wrote: Have a great trip!

Your van build looks amazing!

I am currently in the redwoods but hope to head to Alabama Hills in a couple of weeks. The weather there looks good, the rainy season is starting here.

I got home today. I plan to stay a few days or a week then I was thinking of going to Alabama Hills myself! Weather looks good there?
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to S Cello for this post:
  • Blanch (10-09-2018)
I think so. I’ve never camped there, but have driven through there many times. It looks to be shorts weather and that is the goal. No rain, some sunshine, and the ability to wear shorts.

Yes, it sure was getting chilly at altitude. 7 nights and 7 gallons of propane through the furnace. I do have a severe airflow coming in under the rear doors. I will have to order up some new rubber door seals here soon.
I will be posting photo(s) to the " Best Ding" thread soon. Cargo carriers take some getting used to. I've dinged it good twice now.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to S Cello for this post:
  • Blanch (10-10-2018)