Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
I'm moving SLOWLY
FINALLY LATE MONDAY AFTERNOON I REACHED THE FIREHOUSE THAT ROLLED ON THE CAR FIRE DOWN THE STREET FROM ME.  THE FIREMAN I SPOKE WITH HAD BEEN OFF THAT SHIFT.  HE SAID IN THE SHIFT NOTES IT JUST STATED RESPONDED TO AUTO FIRE AT..........  HE DIDN'T SAY IF A PARAMEDIC RIG HAD BEEN REQUIRED.  WHERE I LIVE A 911 FOR A RESIDENT HERE GETS A  AMBULANCE WITH USUALLY 2 PARAMEDICS, A BIG FIRETRUCK, AND AT LEAST 1 PD VEHICLE.  

FOR MY MOMs LAST 911 CALL WE HAD 5 RESPONDERS IN HER LIVING ROOM.  ONE GUY SAID "HELLO YOUNG LADY, HOW ARE YOU".  SHE MENTIONED HE MIGHT NEED GLASSES.  THEY ASKED ALL THE STANDARD QUESTIONS TO SEE IF SHE KNEW WHAT WAS GOING ON.  SHE ANSWERED ALL OF THEM CORRECTLY. 

EXCEPT THE LAST TWO. HER RESPONSES WERE "IT'S 1918 <<<<WHAT YEAR IS IT?
AND GEORGE BUSCH OF COURSE <<<<<<<<WHO IS THE PRESIDENT?
MY SISTER SEZ MOM HAD LOST IT AND DIDN'T KNOW WHAT SHE WAS SAYING.  I SAY SHE WAS MESSING WITH THE GUYS.  I COULD HEAR IT IN THE TONE OF HER VOICE

MY MOM WAS WITH HER LAST PARTNER FOR ABOUT 25 YEARS.  HE HAD RETIRED FROM NASA.  MY MOM DID NOT LIKE BEING QUESTIONED ABOUT HER "BUSINESS" BY PEOPLE SHE BARELY KNEW. 

A LADY AT ONE OF THE SENOIR CENTERS WHERE MOM AND GEORGE OFTEN WENT SEEMS TO HAVE MADE IT HER MISSION IN LIFE TO GIVE MY MOM THE 3rd DEGREE EVERY CHANCE SHE GOT.  

MY MOM TOLD ME THAT WHEN SHE HAD ANSWERED ALL THE PRYING QUESTIONS SHE EVER INTENDED TO  SHE TOLD THE LADY "IN STRICTES CONFIDENCE"   "I WAS TO BE THE FIRST FEMALE ASTRONAUT IN THE USA"  " THERE WAS A SERIOUS SECURITY BREACH.  I'M NOT ALLOWED TO TALK ABOUT IT.  I'M PUTTING BOTH OF US AT RISK TELLING YOU THIS.  PLEASE DON'T EVER MENTION THIS CONVERSATION TO ANYONE. FOR SOME REASON THE LADY NEVER APPROACHED MOM AGAIN .  

THEN THERE WAS THE TIME MOM DROVE A BRAND NEW BLACK CHRYSLER NEW YORKER WITH A PUSH BUTTON TRANSMISSION INTO A MR M MARKET<<<GET 'N GO STORE>>>> IN DALLAS TEXAS....... WELL SORTA. SHE ALWAYS SAID "I DIDN'T DRIVE THE DAMN CAR INTO THE STORE.....I JUST KNOCKED THAT BIG RED COKE-A-COLA COOLER FULL OF ICE/WATER AND DRINKS INTO THE STORE WHEN I JUMPED THE CURB.

IN A BORROWED NEW CAR WITH NO INS!  MY MOM OFFERED TO PAY $100 CASH TO THE STORE MANAGER AND HE TOOK IT.  SHE SAID ONLY THE FRONT BUMPER ON THE CAR WAS SCRATCHED A LITTLE.

BACK IN THE "OLDEN DAYS"<<<<<AS MY G KIDS PUT IT.  I OFTEN HAD ACCESS TO A 1959 CANARY YELLOW CADILLAC CONVERTABLE.  WE WERE CRUSIN' IN STYLE!  

I THINK THAT IS ONE OF THE REASONS I LIKE THE MOVIE "PINK CADILLAC" {IT'S A PINK 1959<<<<I THINK} WITH CLINT EASTWOOD AND BERNADETTE PETERS.  MY FAVORITE SCENE<<<<<THE FLASHER ON THE STRIP.  MY FAVORITE LINE "LOOKS JUST LIKE A PENIS......ONLY SMALLER"   Blush

WELL AT LEAST I KNOW WHO I GOT MY SPRIT OF ADVENTURE FROM Angel

JEWELL ANN
                           My Heart Is Good............But Oh This Mouth
                              I'M NOT HERE   Cool   YOU DIDN'T SEE ME
                                            I AIN'T DONE ......YET
                                                           TJB

[-] The following 3 users say Thank You to Texjbird for this post:
  • rvpopeye (02-20-2019), Cammalu (02-20-2019), Kaylee (02-20-2019)
TJB
After reporting all the scammers I usually look for one of your posts.
You rarely disappoint me .
Skuh kuh kuh kuh kuh kuh kuh
This one is no different.
Your mom stories sound like a lot of fun .
My mom is like that too . Be 95 , on mothers day !
Sometimes I feel sorry for the other residents..........
Stay Tuned
rvpopeye

Weirdo Overlord  YARC 
ROOIRIA  
15 "Stinkin'Badges"  a "Full Monty Badge" 2 "Just Ignore Me" clusters  4 "Pine Cone" clusters  one "Stinkin' Badger" and 7 of the coveted "Flying Manure Spreader"awards
1 of which is a limited edition Turkey Poop Spreader (What a "Stinkin' " honor !)

[-] The following 3 users say Thank You to rvpopeye for this post:
  • Texjbird (02-20-2019), GotSmart (02-20-2019), Kaylee (02-20-2019)
Smile    THANKS RVP
 IF YOUR MOM LIVES IN A SKILLED NURSING FACILITY<<<<NURSING HOME.  I BET YOU COULD BRIGHTEN SOME ONEs DAY WITH JUST A VISIT.  I DID A INTERNSHIP IN ONE AS A MEDICARE PART B COORDINATOR, TRACKING SUPPLIES AT A S.N.F.  I WORKED SOME WEEKENDS AND ENJOYED HELPING THE ACTIVITIES DIRECTOR WHEN I COULD.

WHEN I HAD A CHANCE TO TAKE THE TRAINING COURSE FOR ACTIVITY DIRECTOR I WAS LUCKY ENOUGH TO HAVE ONE OF THE CO-AUTHORS OF THE NATIONAL ADVANCED LEVEL TEXT BOOK AS A INSTUCTOR.  BEING RAISED MY GRANDPARENTS I WAS MOSTLY WITH OLDER FOLKS GROWING UP.

SOMETIMES JUST A SHORT VISIT CAN REALLY PERK SOMEONE UP.  I DON'T KNOW WHO TUGS AT MY HEART STRINGS THE MOST.  THE RESIDENTS WHO HAVE OUTLIVED THEIR FRIENDS AND FAMILIES OR THE ONES THAT HAVE BEEN ABANDONED BY THEM FOR VARIOUS REASONS.

WHEN I'M BETTER SITUATED TO DO AS I DAMN WELL PLEASE I'M THINKING SOME VOLUNTERING IS ON MY BUCKET LIST.

IT'S GREAT THAT YOU ARE THERE FOR YOUR MOM AND GET TO TAKE HER TO DINNER FOR SPECIAL OCCASIONS.

YOU BETTER WATCH OUT! 
    Huh YOU MIGHT GET PUT ON RESTRICTION BEING NOT SO "AIN'T RIGHT" PART OF THE TIME

I HOPE YOU GET TO UNTHAW SOON.

JEWELL ANN
                           My Heart Is Good............But Oh This Mouth
                              I'M NOT HERE   Cool   YOU DIDN'T SEE ME
                                            I AIN'T DONE ......YET
                                                           TJB

[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Texjbird for this post:
  • Snikwahjm (02-20-2019)
It's only assisted living  , a pretty nice place (we chose wisely)
Private room and bath plus a fridge and sink.
So she can have her ice cream...... Rolleyes

I go every day. It's our deal.
(Otherwise she wasn't going ! She had seen so many of her sister's and friends end up forgotten and alone .
And many there are alone too.)
Stay Tuned
rvpopeye

Weirdo Overlord  YARC 
ROOIRIA  
15 "Stinkin'Badges"  a "Full Monty Badge" 2 "Just Ignore Me" clusters  4 "Pine Cone" clusters  one "Stinkin' Badger" and 7 of the coveted "Flying Manure Spreader"awards
1 of which is a limited edition Turkey Poop Spreader (What a "Stinkin' " honor !)

[-] The following 3 users say Thank You to rvpopeye for this post:
  • Texjbird (02-20-2019), Cammalu (02-20-2019), Kaylee (02-20-2019)
The Father's day after my dad had passed, I was missing him so much. I wondered how I could fill this need to connect. So, I thought since my dad was a war veteran, I'd visit with a veteran at an old folks home for vets who had no visitors. I called and asked about it and was promptly told that I couldn't just walk in and visit with anybody. She rambled on with the requirements as I zoned out since I wanted to visit with a father on that day.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Xanthorhizas for this post:
  • Kaylee (02-20-2019)