Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
I'm moving SLOWLY
I vote for the get someone else to do it option.  Wink
Stay Tuned
rvpopeye

Weirdo Overlord  YARC
14 "Stinkin'Badges"  a "Full Monty Badge" 2 "Just Ignore Me" clusters  4 "Pine Cone" clusters  one "Stinkin' Badger" and 6 of the coveted "Flying Manure Spreader"awards!
1 of which is a limited edition Turkey Poop Spreader (What a "Stinkin' " honor !) + ROOIRIA

I vote u get ur butt up here to KY next month and meet a couple of us...
monkeyfoot
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Cammalu for this post:
  • AbuelaLoca (08-12-2018)
I'd really really like to come up to KY to see you guys.

There a couple of road blocks... ......Trip blocks?

Safari AC isn't fixed.....$120
Passenger window motor needs to be replaced.........$0 to $30
I still need to have the Minn Kota pass through elec port installed........$30 to get hole drilled in van door,  I already have the port.

I can empty the van and I've already paid to have the rear seat/bed removed.

Just in case anyone else reading this thinks I should just throw a sleeping bag on the floor get a bucket and go.
Well I've got buckets.  I even have wood for a bed platform, fans, lights, ice chest, generator, etc. 

My son had surgery week before last and the stitches haven't held.  This may not sound like a big deal.  The last time he had a operation it turned into 3 major surgeries in 6 days in 2 hospitals.  The 1st time they sent him home with pneumonia.  The 2nd op to correct the 1st one lead to the 3rd op the same day in which they removed his intestines, cleaned them then filled them with air looking for leaks, then they decided we didn't cut them after all so they put him back together and when he was released he came home with 8 incisions in his torso and 4 drains.  4yrs,  2 SSD claims, 2 Federal Judges later and he was awarded SSDI.

So I don't want him lifting, climbing, straining etc right now.  Maybe after he sees the DR next week.

My old friend with the crappy pace maker has new and terrible diagnoses to deal with.  My son is with him now.

So these are my " go to please fix it guys "to them on the things I can't do by myself. 
I'm not even bringing up what I need because then they both would try to help. 
I'll see if my son is up to doing some minor things on a "Son Do " list after his DRs visit

Maybe I'll get things straightened out by the end of the month or mid Sept so we can take a little trip.  I hope so.

Queenie and I don't like it here much anymore.

JewellAnn and Queenie
        AND THAT'S ALL I'VE GOT TO SAY ABOUT THAT   "FORREST GUMP"   

JUST SAYING A THING DOES NOT MEAN IT WILL HAPPEN

I'M NOT HERE   Cool   YOU DIDN'T SEE ME

[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Texjbird for this post:
  • AbuelaLoca (08-12-2018)
Drive late or early in the day. We just replaced a window motor. $45 for the part
Would love to meet you in Kentucky, Jewellann!!!!! I sure do understand not being able to get things done and having to wait on others to have the time! Got Juanita home but she's just a shell still and suddenly the work seems impossible...
viajes seguros
(08-12-2018, 11:36 AM)Snikwahjm Wrote: Drive late or early in the day. We just replaced a window motor. $45 for the part

The window motor was new last year. Auto Zone lifetime warranty and they will replace it.  My mechanic said they wouldn't pay his labor however a Manager at AZ said they wiil.  I'll believe it when I see it so that's why I put $0 to $30.  It's Q and sleeping with nothing  to run fans or AC when we're stopped. 

I need to learn how to run my genny.  I just hope I can still lift it.

I prefer driving in the early AM anyways.  It's Q and I having no way to run fans when we're set up somewhere for a few days that I worry about.  If I was able to I'd hang a 5,000btu AC out a back window.  The Aliner's AC is mounted thru the wall.  I just don't intend to always drag the Aliner along with.

JewellAnn

(08-12-2018, 11:53 AM)AbuelaLoca Wrote: Would love to meet you in Kentucky, Jewellann!!!!! I sure do understand not being able to get things done and having to wait on others to have the time! Got Juanita home but she's just a shell still and suddenly the work seems impossible...

If she's a Empty Shell you are way ahead of me!  I still have carpet down, the rear bed/seat needs to be removed, and the van is 1/2 full of stuff from the apt. that I put in it so I could pass July's Home Invasion.

I know you've put a lot of time, work and $$$ into Juanita.  I hope things go well and quickly for you on your build.

I've been watching VanCity VanLife a guy named Chrome and a bulldog named Disco on You Tube.  In less than a mo or 2 he downsized  moved into his van, then furnished it with pre made stuff and it looks good.  A little to matchy matchy for me but it still looks real nice.  They're out of Vancouver.

It's just taking me so long to get things done. Remember Samantha on the TV show Bewitched? Where is a Good Witch when you need one?

JewellAnn

[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to Texjbird for this post:
  • AbuelaLoca (08-12-2018), BCGuy (08-13-2018)