Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm moving SLOWLY
Smile Q and I are back at war with the storage units.  We've been doing a hour or 2 here and there.  Yesterday about 4hs.
Queenie worked so hard that she's STILL ASLEEP!  That's about to  change!

I think we must have had a mini earthquake sometime in the past few months.  In a storage unit I had  a heavy wooden "room divider".  Two bottom shelves about 5ft long with turned wood posts topped by finials.  There were 2 med. totes and a clothes basket on the top shelf and smaller boxes/baskets on the bottom shelf.  The shelves were only about 2ft tall as I hadn't added a 3rd or 4th shelf.  Yesterday it was collapsed at one end with a couple of the spindles broken at the tips from the top shelf looking like it had been pushed sideways.  There was nothing heavy pushing against it from the side so this is a mystery to me.

As I can still stand up mostly straight this AM I'm packing the ice chest, tote bag with hopefully all we need for a 1/2 day away from home then I'll  wake up the Queen and away we go.

I started pulling things from shelves and closets here in the apt.  If I could sell my surplus "stuff" by the lb. I could buy a solar setup, and BIG 12v frig/freezer and have some $$$$ left over.

Well off to the salt mine.

Ya'll have a good day.

Jewellann

PEOPLE IN GLASS HOUSES.........SINK SHIPS    "BOONDOCK SAINTS"

I'M NOT HERE   Cool   YOU DIDN'T SEE ME

[-] The following 3 users say Thank You to Texjbird for this post:
  • Ballenxj (01-22-2018), Justacarsofar (01-23-2018), RepublicOfTXPatriot (02-20-2018)
(01-22-2018, 06:58 AM)Texjbird Wrote: Well off to the salt mine.

Ya'll have a good day.

Jewellann

I hope each day gets progressively better for you, and don't be too hard on Q, napping can be hard work. Cool
 Who ever said newer is always better was grossly misinformed!
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to Ballenxj for this post:
  • Texjbird (01-22-2018), Justacarsofar (01-23-2018)
Smile   Soooooo Queenie and I have been steadily working on storage unit #99.  We've got it down to an area about 5ft x 5ft and about and 4 to 5ft tall.  And then the rains came.  Our weather forecast shows some type of rain for the next 5 days. This Friday it's only showing rain at 10am so maybe just a shower?  ThIs is such a PITA.  As soon as I go thru this last area in #99 I can move what little I'm keeping from #45 across the drive into #99.  So that's one down and $89 a month I can save.  Whoopee!

Went to the DRs today for lab results.  B12 too low, A1C {diabetic #s} to high, BP =OK, Cholesteral up a little.  We reviewed the latest MRI.  Basicly my spine is messed up from the very bottom to the very top.  I'll start working with a physical therapist next week.  Also if or when I'm ready for them I can start a series of epidurals having 1 every 2wks over a 6wk period.

Also back to B12 injections every 2wks.  I'll be learning how to give myself the  shots.  My insulin is so ez to use just dial the unit # on the pen and away we go.  What I find so funny  Big Grin  is as a child they used to have to chase me thru the DRs offices to give me a shot!  I can remember Mama {grandmother} keeping a firm grip on me in the waiting room and when we'd go to the exam room her telling the nurse "you'd better get a firm grip on her".  I could clear that exam table in the blink of an eye. I think I could fly back then.  I remember being chased with Mama yellin' at both the nurse and I " YOU BETTER GET BACK HERE YOUNG LADY & I TOLD YOU TO HANG ON TO HER" !  I had a lot of chances to develop my escape skills.  If I had a cold it was penicillin shot time & puntures or cuts = tetnus shot.

I think I was a "Hot Mess" at a very young age....Maybe a "Hot Mess" gets better with age...like fine wine...ya think?

So it's 3:25am & almost nap time.  One of the perks of being retread...Retired!  I said Retired!

Jewellann & The Sleeping Queen

P.S.  If you google Thought Catalog 25 Signs You're A Hot Mess.  

There's a list that cracked me up      I relate to more than one on it        How about you?

PEOPLE IN GLASS HOUSES.........SINK SHIPS    "BOONDOCK SAINTS"

I'M NOT HERE   Cool   YOU DIDN'T SEE ME

[-] The following 5 users say Thank You to Texjbird for this post:
  • Justacarsofar (02-09-2018), AbuelaLoca (02-09-2018), Cammalu (02-09-2018), rvpopeye (02-09-2018), RepublicOfTXPatriot (02-20-2018)
I am going through the same type of thing or clearing out clutter. When it comes to books, if I have read them once I'm pretty much done with them. Unless they are informative/educational books (on prepping or liberty). I have a prepper book that was published back in the 60's. I plan to make room for these somewhere. Maybe not with me. But I feel there should be books available for future generations stashed away.

I disagree with saving everything digital. But that's just the prepper in me. One glitch, virus,stolen/lost device, damaged device, emp, power surge, etc. Of course a book could suffer some of these problems as well. Also on the digital storage...they keep updating with new versions and making older files etc unavailable as well as operating systems.
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to RepublicOfTXPatriot for this post:
  • Ballenxj (02-09-2018), Texjbird (02-09-2018)
RTXP: I'm with you on the digital. I've saved text stuff to CDs on one computer, and then can't see them on a newer computer. I don't know if that applies to photos.

All of this sorting is a PITA. And I'm in the Pacific Northwest: cold and rain, rain and cold, now predicting snow mix.
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to TrainChaser for this post:
  • Texjbird (02-09-2018), RepublicOfTXPatriot (02-10-2018)
(02-09-2018, 05:17 AM)RepublicOfTXPatriot Wrote: I disagree with saving everything digital. But that's just the prepper in me. One glitch, virus,stolen/lost device, damaged device, emp, power surge, etc.  Of course a book could suffer some of these problems as well. Also on the digital storage...they keep updating with new versions and making older files etc unavailable as well as operating systems.
I agree on the digital thing. It seems they have figured out that as long as they (they being producers of digital devices, and especially including Microsoft software) keep making things redundant after a short while.  They have figured out they can make a lot of money from us. They don't want anything to last, but instead want us to keep having to update and/or buy new again. It's a vicious cycle they have created. Electronic devices are not meant to last like they used to.
BTW, I've been into prepping for quite a while, just don't talk about it online a lot.
 Who ever said newer is always better was grossly misinformed!
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Ballenxj for this post:
  • RepublicOfTXPatriot (02-10-2018)
(02-09-2018, 10:14 AM)Ballenxj Wrote:
(02-09-2018, 05:17 AM)RepublicOfTXPatriot Wrote: I disagree with saving everything digital. But that's just the prepper in me. One glitch, virus,stolen/lost device, damaged device, emp, power surge, etc.  Of course a book could suffer some of these problems as well. Also on the digital storage...they keep updating with new versions and making older files etc unavailable as well as operating systems.
I agree on the digital thing. It seems they have figured out that as long as they (they being producers of digital devices, and especially including Microsoft software) keep making things redundant after a short while.  They have figured out they can make a lot of money from us. They don't want anything to last, but instead want us to keep having to update and/or buy new again. It's a vicious cycle they have created. Electronic devices are not meant to last like they used to.
BTW, I've been into prepping for quite a while, just don't talk about it online awhile.
Good that you are prepping and talking much about it. I think vandwellers and survivalists are in the same ballpark.  I look at it like bugging out early.  There are emp proof bags for laptops etc. And I'm sure you know plenty about farraday cages. I keep an extra engine computer with tools to change it in a FC behind the seat of my truck. Anyways, I don't want to get off topic on the thread. lol.  
Anything digital that I plan to store goes onto flash a external hardrive that I keep protected along with a spare small laptop that is protected as well. But I still prefer to buy books and print things out. and store them as well. Thank you for your reply !