Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WoooHoooo!!! Pick up check on Monday!
NOW THAT"S A CHRISTMAS PRESENT!!!!!!!!!!
Stay Tuned
rvpopeye

Weirdo Overlord  YARC 
ROOIRIA  
15 "Stinkin'Badges"  a "Full Monty Badge" 2 "Just Ignore Me" clusters  10 "Pine Cone" clusters  , one "Stinkin' Badger" and 7 of the coveted "Flying Manure Spreader"awards
(What a "Stinkin' " honor !)

[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to rvpopeye for this post:
  • Gunny (12-09-2017)
First of all, CONGRATULATIONS!

Secondly, I'm just curious.  Are the buyers the same people you were dealing with in the other thread, the one called LOOKS LIKE THE HOUSE WON'T CLOSE, or something like that?  Or did you find new buyers that quickly?
Regards

John

I don't like to make advance plans.  It causes the word PREMEDITATED get thrown around in the courtroom!
I'm NOT crazy!  My mother had me tested! Cool
[-] The following 3 users say Thank You to Optimistic Paranoid for this post:
  • Snikwahjm (12-09-2017), Justacarsofar (12-09-2017), heron (12-09-2017)
YEEEE HAAAAW!

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to TrainChaser for this post:
  • Justacarsofar (12-09-2017)
Stars must be aligning, my family members and I inherited a house almost 3 years ago to the day, messy original trust, poorly written 2nd trust to replace the first trust, first trust never properly dissolved by attorney, failed septic, and a family member who wanted to buy the rest of us out but took much longer to sell her house than anticipated.

Well it's all been resolved and we all got our checks on Thursday. And the family summer home stays in the family. Life is good!
[-] The following 4 users say Thank You to Everyroadleadshome for this post:
  • AbuelaLoca (12-09-2017), Justacarsofar (12-09-2017), heron (12-09-2017), Heidi Mull (12-12-2017)
(12-09-2017, 05:29 PM)Everyroadleadshome Wrote: Stars must be aligning, my family members and I inherited a house almost 3 years ago to the day, messy original trust, poorly written 2nd trust to replace the first trust, first trust never properly dissolved by attorney, failed septic, and a family member who wanted to buy the rest of us out but took much longer to sell her house than anticipated.

Well it's all been resolved and we all got our checks on Thursday. And the family summer home stays in the family. Life is good!

Everyroadleadshome,

That's wonderful news. So happy for you also. Congrats
Same buyers. When we responded with "take a hike", they took a hike to their family members and got the required funds that reconfigured loan needed.

I wish I hadn't posted yet. Hubby told me this morning that they aren't signing until Monday. I hope I haven't invoked Murphy's Law again. I'll post when the check is in the credit union.
Ted
Fingers, toes, and all else crossed for you.

And congratulations to you, ERLH!
One gloriously stinkin' badge.
ROOIRIA
FULL MONTY!!!!
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to heron for this post:
  • Everyroadleadshome (12-10-2017)
Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes!

The buyers signed today and the sale closed and we have check in hand! We didn't get out of the house until late, we needed to vacuum, mop the floors and take a quick clean of the rest of the house, though it was very clean to start with.

I met the buyers, a cute young couple. It's their first house and they are so excited. One of the girls hadn't even seen the inside of the guest house and was blown away (it is pretty cool). It was fun to watch her surprise and happiness. I'm hoping that our traditional barrio (largly Catholic and Latino) is accepting of a same-sex couple Anglo couple. Hubby and I were the first Anglos in our area, but that was 6+ years ago and the neighbors got over that pretty quickly. The area is gentrifying and the long time residents are not thrilled about it.

But that is already in the past. Tonight we're spending the night in the parking lot at #3 son's apartment complex. But it's very quiet, overlooking the Pantano wash, very tranquil. I don't think there will be a problem that I'm coughing. Three different inhalers and two breathing treatments tonight and I'm still coughing And wheezing from a cold (I have asthma) that started just two days ago. We take easy breathing for granted-until we can't. Air hunger sucks.

We'll camp West of the city tomorrow. I'll be doing Hubby's solar and electric system in his van at the warehouse where we're temporarily storing our stuff until we figure out what to do with it. Then I'm off on my own and he's off on his.

So on to another life. We're off to see the wizard. Land based home ownership is over for a good long time, if ever. I like places that I can leave easily.
Ted
[-] The following 3 users say Thank You to TedOnWalkabout for this post:
  • Heidi Mull (12-12-2017), Optimistic Paranoid (12-12-2017), rvpopeye (12-12-2017)
Ted,

I wish you all the best and a wonderful life too. All the best dear Ted