Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Amazon offering job placements for seasonal work
I came across this Job advert for senior campers across my online travels it's an Amazon job offer for sesonal jobs the link is below for anyone who might be interested.

http://www.amazondelivers.jobs/about/camperforce/
The camperforce is a good way to make some pretty decent money around the holidays.
HOWEVER be sure you can spend a 10+ hour day on your feet .
Spend as much as you can afford on 2 pairs of the MOST comfy shoes you can find !
You gonna rack up some miles in a major way.
stay tuned 
popeye

Weirdo Overlord : FMS Fleet Ops , Awards , Badges ,  aka Tamerlane the Impaler Mod.
Becky at INTERSTELLAR ORCHARD has done the Amazon Camperforce gig for five years running, and her blog posts on the subject cover pretty much everything you would want to know about it.

http://www.interstellarorchard.com/2012/...mperforce/
Regards

John

I don't like to make advance plans.  It causes the word PREMEDITATED get thrown around in the courtroom!
I'm NOT crazy!  My mother had me tested! Cool
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Optimistic Paranoid for this post:
  • TWIH (12-26-2017)
I thought they were abolishing the camper force?

either way, the concept of being on your feet isnt all that bad. Im young but no way am In shape. Ive been doing 12hr shifts for 2 months now, 6 days a week. Footwear will either make you or break you. I wear timberland pro boots year round and been most comfy for me.

Its an adjustment though
I think this is a great idea if you need to finance your independence. At 61 and retired, sitting in a rocking lawn chair in front of my rig watching a desert sunset has more value to me than money.
  [Image: 414097000.jpg]
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Motrukdriver for this post:
  • Justacarsofar (11-24-2017)
I could be wrong,but from what I read about working for Amazon it's a tough way to make money.There are a schitt load of temporary and part time jobs available now.
The pay is great.
BUT....here's reality .
You want to be very fit for those Amz warehouse jobs .
LOOOOONG hours on your feet required 10++ with mandatory overtime above that when it gets really busy , it's the christmas rush so very fast paced with quota's . Buy the best shoes you can find..........(the other workers will tell you which ones they use)
The campgrounds are usually crowded and the locations are either quite cold , or hot .

Some people thrive , others not to much.
For us older folks , it's hard to produce what they expect of you.....

I used to get calls from them offering jobs , but after hearing from others that worked it.
I declined the offers....
Prefer taking the jobs I love instead of jobs that are "just a job"...yup yup.

The beet harvest jobs in the mid-west are pretty much the same game , but there the rush is harvest time...
stay tuned 
popeye

Weirdo Overlord : FMS Fleet Ops , Awards , Badges ,  aka Tamerlane the Impaler Mod.
Welcome to the forum Anna ! (motruk Anna in AU. ?)

Please do a post telling us more about yourself and your travel rig if you have one in the Welcome Center forum so the gang can all see it and welcome you some more !
stay tuned 
popeye

Wow...a bump of a thread posted by a guest 4 years ago and still optimistic about a reply!

Now THATS looking at the glass as half full!
Melina signed her post Anna. Then the sig disappeared .
(maybe she was directing it towards Anna ? , who moved back to AU and dropped off the forum)
ISP was suspect but I waited for another post ....spam appeared so into the trash she went.
stay tuned 
popeye