Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Little Things
With the installation of solar by GetSmart, John, all of the major things I need for traveling in comfort are done.

I got the trailers heater going after purging all of the air in the lines, it’ll toast you in five minutes. It was the last of the installed options that I got to work, other than being old this trailer is decently built.

I still want a generator capable of running my AC but haven’t bought one yet. I found the one I want at  Harbor Freight but it’s in short supply, many of them are being bought and sent overseas to the hurricane victims.

My storage tent withstood the 25 mph winds Saturday but the 45 mph winds Sunday won out. It’s toast. I have more junk to get rid of.

Working gluing the trim that has come loose from the cabinets, and deciding whether to restore the flooring or replace it.

Would like some ideas about new curtains, mine are old and fragile.

I sincerely hope everyone has a Happy Thanksgiving 

Rob
Once More Unto The Breach, Dear Friends, Once More.
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to Gunny for this post:
  • Ballenxj (11-21-2017), AbuelaLoca (11-21-2017)
Hey Rob, sorry to hear about your tent storage, but good news on the heater. I think that was more important anyway.
 The Captain and Crew Finally got their stuff together. 
 Now if they can only remember where they put it.   Rolleyes
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Ballenxj for this post:
  • Gunny (11-21-2017)
Rob, you should be able to get curtains just about anywhere. Try Walmart

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
monkeyfoot
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Cammalu for this post:
  • Gunny (11-21-2017)
Good heaters are nice! I like being comfortable and a Nomad at the same time.

You’ll get it all to your liking, it just takes time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Blanch for this post:
  • Gunny (11-21-2017)
OK crazy talk now,,,,(does anyone expect anything else ?) If you have curtain rods , thread old jeans/shorts/etc on the rods and cut off the extra length. Hey , I'm a guy with no sewing machine so........use what you already have is my go to method.
stay tuned 
popeye

Weirdo Overlord : FMS Fleet Ops , Awards , Badges ,  aka Tamerlane the Impaler Mod.
[-] The following 3 users say Thank You to rvpopeye for this post:
  • Gunny (11-21-2017), GotSmart (11-21-2017), Justacarsofar (11-22-2017)
(11-21-2017, 10:59 AM)rvpopeye Wrote: OK crazy talk now,,,,(does anyone expect anything else ?) 

Not considering the source....... Tongue
 The Captain and Crew Finally got their stuff together. 
 Now if they can only remember where they put it.   Rolleyes
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Ballenxj for this post:
  • Gunny (11-21-2017)
I'm glad you're getting settled and set-up. Around here, the high winds tend to come from a certain direction (SW). Could you place your storage tent where the wind would be buffered by your trailer or vehicle? I know you're in a park, so that's likely not possible.

I read the above posts to the curtains part, and thought, "OH! I could tell him about the... Or maybe that's too cheesy". Then I read rvpopeye's post about jeans, and thought "Maybe not".

Maybe pillowcases would work. They come in different sizes, and come two to a package:
Standard Pillow, 20" x 26"
Super Standard Pillow, 20" x 28"
Queen Pillow, 20" x 30"
King Pillow, 20" x 36"

The woman I saw do this apparently just cut a small hole in the spot where the curtain rod needed to go through, and hung it as-is (unaltered). But I did need to grin when I saw that sometimes they were kind of 'lumpy' -- sometimes she would stash stuff inside while in use. Paperbacks, mostly.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to TrainChaser for this post:
  • AbuelaLoca (11-21-2017)
Do you want curtains to block the light or do you want curtains to make a fashion statement?
Popeye, I will give you one free sewing lesson. Operating a sewing machine is a life skill no man should be with out. My husband insisted that our boys learn to operate one because there is so much more going on than with a saw. He wanted them to be safe. A sewing machine is a power tool. I can operate a saw just fine. When given a choice who uses the saw often it is me.
I'm not lost. I'm exploring.
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to Snikwahjm for this post:
  • Gunny (11-21-2017), AbuelaLoca (11-21-2017)
I have 4 sewing machines and can't figure out how to thread any of them.
  [Image: 414097000.jpg]
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Motrukdriver for this post:
  • Gunny (11-21-2017)
My Mom could sit down at her Singer Sewing machine and in a couple of hours have a perfectly fitting dress for one of her Grandchildren or a friend.... Sadly I did not inherit this gene.

I don’t want anything expensive, just usable.

Rob
Once More Unto The Breach, Dear Friends, Once More.