goto biscuit mix
1 cup all-purpose flour
    3 TBL dry milk
    1 tsp baking powder
    1⁄4 tsp kosher salt
    1⁄2 cup water
    2 TBL oil

Mix dry ingredients together.

Mix in the cool water, in a quart freezer bag or in a small bowl, till well blended. Heat a frying pan or shallow/wide pot over a medium flame. Add in half the oil and heat up.

Carefully add in the dough and pat out, using the empty bag or a spatula. Let bake for 5 minutes, like a pancake, lowering the flame as needed.

Drizzle on the second half of the oil and flip over. Bake another 5 minutes or until golden brown.

The large biscuit will be super puffy and moist inside. Split in half and top with whatever.

Notes:

Consider this a base mix for anything you can dream up.

Pizza: Split the recipe in half when it comes to baking. After flipping, top the baked side with sauce and cheese; it will melt as the back side cooks – top with a lid if you have one to speed up the melting.

Sweet: Add in sugar or honey, cinnamon, nuts, berries, fruit – chocolate chips….

Also works well as small biscuits dropped in oil and fried up (fry bread).
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to fantym1 for this post:
  • rvpopeye (10-12-2019), heron (10-12-2019)
I vote you in as baker for YARC Camp
monkeyfoot
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Cammalu for this post:
  • heron (10-12-2019)
That works for me! Do you deliver?
I luv 1/2 & 1/2 flours: be a bit generous w/baking powder since the gluten content won't be as high w/the mixed flours

1/2 wheat & 1/2 rye (my personal fav), add in a TBL unsweetened cocoa & a tsp of (unsulfured) molasses ... pumpernickel (I usually add a tsp of butter powder to the mix as well)

1/2 wheat & 1/2 oat for scones, add in a pinch of orange zest, plumped cranberries or raisins - use buttermilk powder & a tsp of baking soda for Irish soda bread, which is traditionally baked in the hearth

A tsp of summer savory or Italian herb seasoning or coarse cracked pepper ... grated cheese in the mix ...

Once you get a feel for it, mashed up sweet potato, pumpkin, potato can be added b4 the water & adjust the amount of water

& yes, I've been known to walk over to a neighbor or 2 ...
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to fantym1 for this post:
  • heron (10-12-2019), Kaylee (10-27-2019)
When did you say you were coming to YARC Camp????
monkeyfoot
I just might ...
It's on the way to AK
Good. I’ll buy you a big bag of flour!
monkeyfoot
Kewl!