Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Building a chemically safe van
Trim boards are off, back head banger box is off, fabric fell off but half the foam is sticking like it was supposed to stay forever. The good news... Somebody hid $225 in the head banger box! The roof also has insulation above the ceiling! Any tips for removing foam?
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to Snikwahjm for this post:
  • rvpopeye (11-13-2017), AbuelaLoca (11-13-2017)
Nice ! Somebody just paid for that new ceiling !+++

Never done that but I'm thinking I might try a putty knife and a shop vac ????? And a respirator of course .
Stay Tuned
rvpopeye

Weirdo Overlord  YARC 
ROOIRIA  
14 "Stinkin'Badges"  a "Full Monty Badge" 2 "Just Ignore Me" clusters  4 "Pine Cone" clusters  one "Stinkin' Badger" and 7 of the coveted "Flying Manure Spreader"awards
1 of which is a limited edition Turkey Poop Spreader (What a "Stinkin' " honor !)

[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to rvpopeye for this post:
  • AbuelaLoca (11-13-2017)
We had a septic pipe not connected in our house. When city sewer and water came in they in hooked it up and ran the drain pipe 50 feet horizontal to the street pipe. Before we found it my eyes would tear up, my nose would run just walking into the kitchen. I never could spend much time in there with out horrific head aches. We decided to move the kitchen to a rear bedroom right next to the pipes rather than mess with that disfunctional long horizontal pipe. As he was pulling out pipes and stuff Mr, Snicky found the disconnected pipe. It was pretty easy to cap off. Sheesh. The house was rediculously cheap. Many, many cheap houses in Indianapolis. Tax sales... houses go real cheap. Some you win. The house is ok now - we won’t miss it though. It has a huge garage and almost an acre. Grand/Kids next door keeping an eye on it while we are taking care of my parents.
Wow! Lucky find!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
monkeyfoot
Yes we can afford about anything we can make fit on that ceiling now. Or paint it and go buy a solar panel?
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to Snikwahjm for this post:
  • rvpopeye (11-13-2017), AbuelaLoca (11-13-2017)
Solar panel!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
monkeyfoot
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Cammalu for this post:
I kind of like the map idea !
Almost as cheap as paint.
(There is a water based version of urethane.)
Stay Tuned
rvpopeye

Weirdo Overlord  YARC 
ROOIRIA  
14 "Stinkin'Badges"  a "Full Monty Badge" 2 "Just Ignore Me" clusters  4 "Pine Cone" clusters  one "Stinkin' Badger" and 7 of the coveted "Flying Manure Spreader"awards
1 of which is a limited edition Turkey Poop Spreader (What a "Stinkin' " honor !)

[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to rvpopeye for this post:
I think we could take the old panels down one at a time and art them some how. I hate working overhead in cold. I vote solar, too.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Snikwahjm for this post:
$225 won’t make a dent in affording a high top unless we can manage a used one. Sure don’t want to put a lot in that ceiling just in case... a friend offered to haul a high top but Mr. Grumpy Sniky says his back ain’t up to installing one by himself.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Snikwahjm for this post:
If you can park next to the donor van all you need is a couple pieces of 2X4 to slide it on.
Stay Tuned
rvpopeye

Weirdo Overlord  YARC 
ROOIRIA