Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
20 lb blues....
(10-19-2017, 10:28 AM)bLEEp Wrote: There is a filter on it, i just bought it last year.  It did this same thing earlier this spring in Missouri, i forgot about it.....
I am grateful i have the refill adapter...
What elevation are you at? That's probably not it as I don't think you're that high. (elevation guys) But they do say it may be an issue at 7000 ft and above?
Most likely your jets are getting plugged, or you have a defective unit.
I might have to look into getting an adapter. Thanks for the endorsement.
 The Captain and Crew Finally got their stuff together. 
 Now if they can only remember where they put it.   Rolleyes
I am at about 150-200' lol The adapter is super awesome....
Make sure you have a hemostat or curved needle nose pliers to hold the pressure release valve open on the small bottle as you fill.
Jamie from Enigmatic Nomadics has a good video on the process. I will see if i can maybe procure a can of air cleaner from the office and try to clean it some.
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to bLEEp for this post:
  • AbuelaLoca (10-19-2017), Ballenxj (10-20-2017)
My guess is the problem is the hose or filter (hopefully filter , cheapest part).

Some types of rubber will break down with the high pressure propane.
Do you shut it off at the tank and let the pressure burn off or at the heater , leaving the hose pressurized ?

There is gas in the tank , the heater works fine on the 1# tanks..... the only thing left is the hose or filter!
stay tuned 
popeye

Weirdo Overlord : FMS Fleet Ops , Awards , Badges ,  aka Tamerlane the Impaler Mod.
Damn it, the hose and filter are both new(er) last year... I guess maybe I can buy a hose at a UN-named big box store and return the old one...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Try the filter first.
They are a "replace once a year" item (depending on amount of use).
What are they now ? $10 , probably good to carry a spare anyway..............
stay tuned 
popeye

Weirdo Overlord : FMS Fleet Ops , Awards , Badges ,  aka Tamerlane the Impaler Mod.
Sheesh, here I go again but with another old thread. Update?? Would be helpful for others to know.
"Life is short, smile while you still have teeth."