Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My STUPID RIDE
Well , there ya go !
That spark was because something was still on !
Pull fuses one at a time till it doesn't spark and you found which circuit is killin' that battery......
stay tuned 
popeye

Weirdo Overlord : FMS Fleet Ops , Awards , Badges ,  aka Tamerlane the Impaler Mod.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to rvpopeye for this post:
  • Justacarsofar (10-20-2017)
whhaaaa??   Sad ya mean I gotta go out there now?!!! and open the fuse panels and start pullin... oh lawrdy!

I'm askared!  how do I make it spark.. you mean, keep hitting the disconnected bolt back in slot?

ass you see.. I'm LOST..  esplain it betta... esplain it betta paleeeezz.....

(OH! I can do tomorrow, right? when it's rainin but light out, right? I get it..sorta)
(this may well require a phone call ta Morrow!)
title~ "Deliberate Discharge" 3 "Stinkin Badges" 1 "Flying manure spreader" 1 "Pink Elephant"  Tongue
not now it's dark.tomorrow or whenever you want to fix it

it will normally spark a little spark because of computer,clock,radio but if you saw and heard a large spark that is your draw

tomorrow go out and touch the the the wire end to the battery post so you see the large spark,then pull one fuse at a time and checking to see if the spark goes away,put the fuse back in the slot it came from then do the next fuse until it doesnt spark,when you pull the fuse and it doesnt spark it will tell us where the problem is

what year and make is the car?
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Blacktank for this post:
  • Justacarsofar (10-20-2017)
(10-20-2017, 08:14 PM)Gary Wrote: not now it's dark.tomorrow or whenever you want to fix it

it will normally spark a little spark because of computer,clock,radio but if you saw and heard a large spark that is your draw

tomorrow go out and touch the the the wire end to the battery post so you see the large spark,then pull one fuse at a time and checking to see if the spark goes away,put the fuse back in the slot it came from then do the next fuse until it doesnt spark,when you pull the fuse and it doesnt spark it will tell us where the problem is

what year and make is the car?

98 buick park ave.  and.. it never had this problem til after 4 weeks after I got it from the mechanic! who kept it up nice...
so i feel I'm doin something real stupid. (but I feel better just knowing there's HOPE thanks to u guys!)
title~ "Deliberate Discharge" 3 "Stinkin Badges" 1 "Flying manure spreader" 1 "Pink Elephant"  Tongue
you have 3 fuse boxes,this tells you where they are and what the fuse are for

http://www.autogenius.info/buick-park-av...x-diagram/
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to Blacktank for this post:
  • Justacarsofar (10-20-2017), Ballenxj (10-23-2017)
(10-20-2017, 08:38 PM)Gary Wrote: you have 3 fuse boxes,this tells you where they are and what the fuse are for

http://www.autogenius.info/buick-park-av...x-diagram/

thanks.  yeah two rectangle boxes under hood, wires from battery connect right to em, there.
so many wires!

lots to go through!  maybe it's a simple high beam or sumthing! (OH.. 3? didn't see the 3rd one yet)

Rear Compartment Fuse Block

"Additional fuses are located in the fuse center under the rear seat. The rear seat cushion must be removed to access the fuses."
oh, I hope it's not there!
just go through the fuses one at a time until the large sparks stop and that will tell us where the problem is

does it have the original stereo or a replacement ?
(10-20-2017, 08:46 PM)Gary Wrote: just go through the fuses one at a time until the large sparks stop and that will tell us where the problem is

does it have the original stereo or a replacement ?

pretty sure, original but I can find out for sure
so, if anything were modified, that would be suspect? even after a long time?

WAIT,,  the man I got it from said to check the Astro Start.. (auto start?)  I never used it, tried it once, didn't connect!!

Heart allright, I know it's late.. don't stay up on my account, can talk more tomorrow.
If you got nothin better to do, post away.. but don't stay up...please.  thank you!!!!
any updates?
not yet, rain, no garage, etc.. but I learned the fuse panels are more complicated than I thought.
Have to study, diagram them as I'm not seeing, finding them easily.

The one big obvious box will need to have bolts pulled in order to even open it...
(and those wires go right to battery too) is marked FUSE RELAY PANEL
Is that what I need to get into?

the 'wire end' I'm trying to use for the spark test is short so I can't move it far.
it's the wire with the small bolt connected..that was disconnected.
the main POS terminal is actually ON that wire, a few inches behind so
I can't 'spark against that... or.. the NEG terminal post, won't reach.
I've been sparking against the small slot that the small bolt came out of..

at a loss for the time being, maybe later ..before dark.

just for a test, I DID put it back together to check battery. yep it was 'fair'
was enough juice to start up though not as quickly as usual.
I'm just about to go put it together again and see if I can't run to
the store... and drive a bit maybe...

also confusing is, that the spark sometimes is very small, and then 'average'
and never really so large that it's a large POP'.. more of a crackle.

so, only one question for now,.. is the FUSE RELAY PANEL box, though all bolted down,,
is that what I need to get into? cuz I'm not seeing any other box, cept a real small
one next to it, that only had maybe 5 fuses in it, while missing several.
I 'tested those 5.. nothing learned there.