Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What chemicals do you use?
Zep for cleaning.Nothing in the tanks.We rarely boondock more than 2 weeks before spending a day or 2 at a campground.We don't worry about the freshwater tank much.The only water we drink out of it is in the form of coffee.When we winterize the camper we put a little bleach in the fresh water tank.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to animalcannibal for this post:
  • Blanch (06-05-2019)
Whatever cheap RV black tank stuff is one sale.

We don't use a lot in black tank.
Once a year a little bleach in fresh tank.

We have black tank flush and use it when at cgs to really get the tank scrubbed out.

No smells from our tanks. Everything is working fab in our system. We can practically fill up our black tank and never have troubles. TP into the tanks all the time. I got an rv to use just like a bathroom cause it is one Smile I ain't doing extra with TP that I have to deal with, nope, ain't going there LOL

My tanks, system work as advertised so we use them to capacity.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to RoamerRV428 for this post:
  • Blanch (06-06-2019)
We've never had any trouble with tank smells in any of the many campers we have had.Hey,maybe that means our shit don't stink.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to animalcannibal for this post:
  • Blanch (06-06-2019)
I was drawn to “what chemicals do you use” under the “recreational” heading. Fun with chemistry everyday  Confused
 I bought a Motorhome with tanks today so let the games begin.
[-] The following 3 users say Thank You to Roadtripp for this post:
  • Cammalu (07-10-2019), rvpopeye (07-10-2019), Blanch (07-10-2019)
After I had one issue in a camper from toilet paper use and it got clogged up I never put to down the toilet again. I have a little step-on trash can where the TP goes. It was VERY bad when it got clogged and required someone with a snake and a LOT of time. A home toilet uses way more water when you flush.
monkeyfoot
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Cammalu for this post:
  • Blanch (07-10-2019)
Rig Pics !
Stay Tuned
rvpopeye

Weirdo Overlord  YARC 
ROOIRIA  
15 "Stinkin'Badges"  a "Full Monty Badge" 2 "Just Ignore Me" clusters  10 "Pine Cone" clusters  , one "Stinkin' Badger" and 7 of the coveted "Flying Manure Spreader"awards
(What a "Stinkin' " honor !)

[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to rvpopeye for this post:
  • Blanch (07-10-2019)
Back to the good old days. Rain water was collected off the roof. In a drought grandma was extra careful. But for every day... My grandma’s house had two toilets. One inside and one down a little path. She would only use the indoor toilet for pee and no toilet paper in the toilet. TP in the foot lift can lined with a brown paper bag and burned in the incinerator. The out house was for pooping or peeing in the day time. She only took baths on Sundays. The wringer washer was on the back porch. Washing machine water was recycled. Dishes were done with a drop of soap in a wash pan and then a rinse pan. I don’t know how big her septic was but she never had a problem that I know of.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Snikwahjm for this post:
  • Blanch (07-10-2019)
LOL Snik, never a septic problem cause she never really used it Smile cool. I love reading when things are done 'grandma' style.

my rig is in my pic all the time popeye. We will use this rig for our nomadic life for a while then down the road we will trade out and find one that is better suited for long term living on the road. Just want to get out there full time and see what we need. Heck we might need to have a class c pulling a very small trailer. 2 homes on wheels if I can't live with him full time in 1...haha....we shall see!! heehee
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to RoamerRV428 for this post:
  • Blanch (07-10-2019)
Yup Roamer , I've seen it .
But I meant Roadtripp' s new one.
Stay Tuned
rvpopeye

Weirdo Overlord  YARC 
ROOIRIA  
15 "Stinkin'Badges"  a "Full Monty Badge" 2 "Just Ignore Me" clusters  10 "Pine Cone" clusters  , one "Stinkin' Badger" and 7 of the coveted "Flying Manure Spreader"awards
(What a "Stinkin' " honor !)

ahhh, nevermind then Smile Smile