Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What chemicals do you use?
(07-10-2019, 03:13 AM)Snikwahjm Wrote: Back to the good old days. Rain water was collected off the roof. In a drought grandma was extra careful. But for every day... My grandma’s house had two toilets. One inside and one down a little path. She would only use the indoor toilet for pee and no toilet paper in the toilet. TP in the foot lift can lined with a brown paper bag and burned in the incinerator. The out house was for pooping or peeing in the day time. She only took baths on Sundays. The wringer washer was on the back porch. Washing machine water was recycled. Dishes were done with a drop of soap in a wash pan and then a rinse pan. I don’t know how big her septic was but she never had a problem that I know of.

Sounds like we have come full circle then right?

About the only difference is instead of the wringer washer there is a bucket and plunger
monkeyfoot
My grandparents had the honeypot under their bed and the path out back.  The downside was they also had a washtub for Saturday night baths in the kitchen.
(07-10-2019, 04:01 AM)RoamerRV428 Wrote: LOL Snik, never a septic problem cause she never really used it Smile cool. I love reading when things are done 'grandma' style.

my rig is in my pic all the time popeye. We will use this rig for our nomadic life for a while then down the road we will trade out and find one that is better suited for long term living on the road. Just want to get out there full time and see what we need. Heck we might need to have a class c pulling a very small trailer. 2 homes on wheels if I can't live with him full time in 1...haha....we shall see!! heehee
Yeah.... I want a van then run off grid to do things "grandma" way.... no grandkids yet though....

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk