Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How much is your cheapest meal... not free one...
(05-28-2019, 02:14 PM)Cammalu Wrote: Bacon breakfast burrito with hot sauce from Taco Bell. About a buck

For dinner one of my favs is also very cheap. I like navy beans or pintos with chopped sweet onion and cabbage.

Thats sounds so good!

Speaking of cabbage a good thing that can be done easily in van life is home fermenting. Really great to do with those dumpster scores.
I met my wife at my Grandmothers funeral long ago 500 miles from home. Love at 1st bite. I told her all the bad things about being married as I didn't want any remorse & that I was poor.In those days all my friends got married the summer after graduation & wanted me in the same boat so set me up on a few blind dates. Last one I was on I spent $60 & we didn't a dozen words between us. I decided if God wanted a wife for me he'd have to send her. I was into motocross & racing's expensive. We were married in her hometown & I'd rented a house, furnished it for $60. We got home & she looked in my checkbook which had $14 & commentedI told her I was poor but I was poor-poor. We lived on 3' chubs of braunswauger @39 cents a # & boxed Mac & Cheese 7 for a $. I've always been cheap on food & when the boys were home had a 5 stop route of Amish places with high quality food getting close to the exp date & could fill a mini van for $100. It's all poop tomorrow.
"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." - Thomas Jefferson
for cheapest is broth and water days. very low cost and I fast a lot also.

I am an extreme low carber and mostly eat zero carb days so I have to be meaty to do that so cheapest for food it is can of albacore tuna and mayo. A tin of my sardines. Eggs.

then I up into meats, 80/20 burger, cheese and all other meats and seafood goes into more costly.
3 Stinkin' Badges, YARC, 3 Cat Ass Trophies , ROOIRIA Wannabe,(never happen) and still a Bisquit cause me soggy!
And 2 run down Flying Manure Spreaders!
I tend to eat like Queen.
Lately, I've been looking into dandelions, which are abundantly free!
https://www.healthextremist.com/what-to-...andelions/
My nonagenarian dad ate dandelion salads often.
I have a gazillion dandelions here. I’ve often looked and thought about picking but just never have. Let me know how they taste.

I love greens
monkeyfoot
man I gotta say ain't a dandelion bitter?

my hubby's dad made dandelion wine....no clue how he done that Smile
3 Stinkin' Badges, YARC, 3 Cat Ass Trophies , ROOIRIA Wannabe,(never happen) and still a Bisquit cause me soggy!
And 2 run down Flying Manure Spreaders!
Dandelion wine is made with the blossoms. It is very harsh tasting in my opinion but after a glass or so who cares.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to justjim for this post:
  • Cammalu (05-29-2019)
If you want to eat dandelion greens pick before they get flowers.
I'm not lost. I'm exploring.
I’m going to taste one today or tomorrow and give a report
monkeyfoot
Young dandelion greens are good in a salad.
One Stinkin Badge!