Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Battery or alternator? 1985 Chevy G30
Check the tire size
The 16.5" are a pain to find these days but the 16" are in stock at every tire place in the land.......
Stay Tuned
rvpopeye

Weirdo Overlord  YARC 
ROOIRIA  
15 "Stinkin'Badges"  a "Full Monty Badge" 2 "Just Ignore Me" clusters  10 "Pine Cone" clusters  , one "Stinkin' Badger" and 7 of the coveted "Flying Manure Spreader"awards
(What a "Stinkin' " honor !)

[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to rvpopeye for this post:
  • minddroool (05-19-2019)
parasitic draw is not as bad as it sounds,just pull fuses until the draw is gone,find out what that fuse is for and fix it

all of the older big 3 van are pretty equal
dodge have a front end/frame rust issue if not taken care of
ford has a little longer nose so a little more cab room
chevys are like legos,all the parts fit all the models,a 1975 water pump will fit on a 1985,heck a 65 will work on an 85,heck a 1955 might fit on a 85
You could get a shut off switch for the battery if it's a parasitic problem you can't find right off.

If it has sat unused for any length of time , 99% probability it's just a sulfated (dead) battery and that's an easy fix.!
~$100 for an average batt..
Stay Tuned
rvpopeye

Weirdo Overlord  YARC 
ROOIRIA  
15 "Stinkin'Badges"  a "Full Monty Badge" 2 "Just Ignore Me" clusters  10 "Pine Cone" clusters  , one "Stinkin' Badger" and 7 of the coveted "Flying Manure Spreader"awards
(What a "Stinkin' " honor !)

This vehicle is a transvan. Is yours, by chance?

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
(05-18-2019, 09:32 PM)Blacktank Wrote: parasitic draw is not as bad as it sounds,just pull fuses until the draw is gone,find out what that fuse is for and fix it

all of the older big 3 van are pretty equal
dodge have a front end/frame rust issue if not taken care of
ford has a little longer nose so a little more cab room
chevys are like legos,all the parts fit all the models,a 1975 water pump will fit on a 1985,heck a 65 will work on an 85,heck a 1955 might fit on a 85
Very cool info. Thanks muchly!

(05-18-2019, 09:47 PM)rvpopeye Wrote: You could get a shut off switch for the battery if it's a parasitic problem you can't find right off.

If it has sat unused for any length of time , 99% probability it's just a sulfated (dead) battery and that's an easy fix.!
~$100 for an average batt..
I wish I could take you with me to look

Transvan....[Image: e45f516e2113566deb0f8c3ed01bbdae.jpg]

[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to minddroool for this post:
  • rvpopeye (05-19-2019)
I gotta wake my ride up.... Gotta find my ride! Thanks everyone. Van looking day is here!

Have the owner show you how the systems work. It will probably need house batteries too since it has been neglected. Hopefully all the manuals come with it. If he won't show working appliances, assume they will need repairing/replacing.
Brian

2000 Roadtrek 200 Versatile "The Beast" (it has been tamed hopefully)  I feed it and it doesn't bite me.   Angel
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to B and C for this post:
  • minddroool (05-19-2019)
Nice project!