Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Predator Generator
Once you use it for a while and if you still are concerned about noise you could build a quiet box for it. Use a couple of computer vent fans to move air in and out of the box. Build it so you can break it down into just side pieces and top and storage won't be much of an issue either since it will be outside once you set up camp. It'll have the additional advantage of maybe hiding the generator a little too.
  [Image: 414097000.jpg]
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to Motrukdriver for this post:
  • AbuelaLoca (12-08-2017), Gunny (12-08-2017)
(12-07-2017, 08:12 PM)Motrukdriver Wrote: Once you use it for a while and if you still are concerned about noise you could build a quiet box for it.  Use a couple of computer vent fans to move air in and out of the box.  Build it so you can break it down into just side pieces and top and storage won't be much of an issue either since it will be outside once you set up camp.  It'll have the additional advantage of maybe hiding the generator a little too.

I think I would worry about computer fans not moving enough air.  Was me, I'd probably go to a junkyard and grab an electric radiator fan and use that.  Course, that would require a larger hole, and more noise would leak out, so maybe that would be a non-starter.
Regards

John

I don't like to make advance plans.  It causes the word PREMEDITATED get thrown around in the courtroom!
I'm NOT crazy!  My mother had me tested! Cool
I purchased a Propane Generator from Central Maine Diesel a few years ago.

20 HP Honda engine, Italian generator head.
Paid about $2300 plus shipping via Paradise Freight which was a few hundred.
I see the price is just a bit higher now... But the one I want most is Yuchai which i saw from a website.

Recently it blew a capacitor. Central Maine sent me 2 for the price of one even though it is out of warranty. $39 total for two.

I looked at generators on island but a similar Honda at Quality electric was close to $6000 and it wasn't even a 13750kw. More like 8 or 9000kw if I remember right.....

They have many generators at great prices but this is the one I settled for.

Quiet, no smell, propane lasts forever........

I want to buy a new genset for my shop and I am just searching for soem famous Chinese brand. I think this one might be good:
http://www.dieselgeneratortech.com/generator-set/
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to VancleVector for this post:
  • Ballenxj (03-09-2018)
(03-09-2018, 12:38 AM)VancleVector Wrote: I purchased a Propane Generator from Central Maine Diesel a few years ago.

20 HP Honda engine, Italian generator head.
Paid about $2300 plus shipping via Paradise Freight which was a few hundred.
I see the price is just a bit higher now... But the one I want most is Yuchai which i saw from a website.

Recently it blew a capacitor. Central Maine sent me 2 for the price of one even though it is out of warranty. $39 total for two.

I looked at generators on island but a similar Honda at Quality electric was close to $6000 and it wasn't even a 13750kw. More like 8 or 9000kw if I remember right.....

They have many generators at great prices but this is the one I settled for.

Quiet, no smell, propane lasts forever........

I want to buy a new genset for my shop and I am just searching for soem famous Chinese brand. I think this one might be good:
http://www.dieselgeneratortech.com/generator-set/
 The price of generators seems to bounce all over the place. 
BTW, Welcome to the Forum,  Smile
 The Captain and Crew Finally got their stuff together. 
 Now if they can only remember where they put it.   Rolleyes