Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Navigating with cursor arrows
^
Well I've updated FF but still have the same problem...
Are you sure the browser window has focus? (i.e, accepting input)

Try clicking the mouse somewehere the page is blank/empty then try the keys. Let us know what happens.
---
frater/jason - FT 2018.  Retired/boondocking 2020.  
159" Promaster, 570w:220Ah, 35gal fresh
twitter | RVwiki
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to frater secessus for this post:
  • AbuelaLoca (10-10-2017)
(10-10-2017, 04:40 PM)frater secessus Wrote: Are you sure the browser window has focus? (i.e, accepting input)

No that's not the problem. I've been navigating all over the 'net with the keys since W95...LOL.
(10-09-2017, 02:21 PM)VivoEnMiFurgoneta Wrote: Hey Ian... I just did a little research on your issue and someone said they pressed the F7 key and answered a question or something and it solved their problem.

Caret browsing mode.  Allows one to interact with links on a webpage from the kb.
---
twitter | RVwiki
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to frater secessus for this post:
(10-10-2017, 05:00 PM)slowdayz Wrote: No that's not the problem.  I've been navigating all over the 'net with the keys since W95...LOL.

I was asking because sometimes popups or elements on a given page steal focus in hard-to-diagnose ways.

If it were me I'd see if the space bar worked to go down one page, tab and shift-tab to see if all nav is busted or just those mentioned.
Then I'd toggle caret mode with F7 to see if anything changes.  Maybe this site is overriding that.  /shrug
Then I'd try another browser to see if the problem continues;  I suspect it won't.
Then I'd try a safe mode restart of FF with no plugins.
Then I'd try a "firefox -P" profile manager run with a clean test profile.  Revert back to original profile afterward (or don't)
Then I'd try blocking js and css.

Ideas off the top of my head.

Because of the recency of install the forum is running newer MyBB than many others.  The graphic upload date/bracket bug was seen here before CRVL, for example.
---
twitter | RVwiki
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to frater secessus for this post:
  • slowdayz (10-10-2017), AbuelaLoca (10-10-2017)
Tried a couple of those you mention but a couple of others I'll need to research what they are when I have time.

If I switch to the Lite (Archive) Mode....no problemo.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to slowdayz for this post:
(10-10-2017, 04:40 PM)frater secessus Wrote: Try clicking the mouse somewehere the page is blank/empty then try the keys. Let us know what happens.

Update: I've just noticed that if I go to a page and DON'T click the mouse as above, then the keys work OK.
"Life is what happens while you're making other plans"
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to slowdayz for this post:
  • AbuelaLoca (10-17-2017)
That's really weird. I'd suspect javascript is doing something weird. You could search for the onClick() string and see if you can find it. Greasemonkey could help you rewrite it.
---
twitter | RVwiki
(10-08-2017, 10:40 PM)slowdayz Wrote: Just joined and notice that I can't scroll with the cursor arrow keys.  PageUP or PageDN don't work either. Anyone else have that problem?  I'm using Firefox.

I use Firefox as well. Just tried and mine scrolls with up and down via arrow buttons with no issues. Using a couple year old ASUS laptop.
 The Captain and Crew Finally got their stuff together. 
 Now if they can only remember where they put it.   Rolleyes
^
I have no problems on other sites, so it's not FF's fault. Thought about swapping my wireless mouse for a USB but I can't find the old mouse. I've gotten used to the difference here, so it's no big deal.
"Life is what happens while you're making other plans"