Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Must have's" for vandwelling
TOILET PAPER
[-] The following 3 users say Thank You to weigh2ez for this post:
  • Texjbird (04-17-2019), Kaylee (04-18-2019), MN C Van (04-25-2019)
(04-17-2019, 04:33 AM)RoamerRV428 Wrote: I guess money got a 2 vote

THREE  Big Grin

I was being facetious since it was posted in the thread more than once
“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.

― Henry Ford
A deep set desire to avoid participating in the Rat Race .
and
A deep set desire to see it all for yourself (enough of this imagining from others posts).....
stay tuned 
popeye

Weirdo Overlord : FMS Fleet Ops , Awards , Badges ,  aka Tamerlane the Impaler Mod.
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to rvpopeye for this post:
  • Kaylee (04-18-2019), NomadJack (04-23-2019)
Gorilla Tape (in addition to duct tape).  It is far more weather-resistant than duct tape.

Can opener.  If you don't need it, someone else probably will.
[-] The following 4 users say Thank You to TrainChaser for this post:
  • rvpopeye (04-18-2019), Kaylee (04-20-2019), NomadJack (04-23-2019), heron (11-05-2019)
(04-17-2019, 04:10 PM)RiotRose Wrote: I was being facetious since it was posted in the thread more than once

Riot, I was about to nominate your for an award for Special Achievement in WordNerdage, but first checked, and Gunny was the first ever VD-er to post the word "facetious".
Figured that would delight all. Wink

On topic...

Kettle
I generally don't drink hot stuff, but it's essential for hygiene (a warm water wash cloth IMO is often much better than baby wipes), and Thermos cooking.
(...and, of course, as an adhoc Bagel Press Smile )

Lots of wash cloths.
Buy a 12-pack (at least), it's cheaper and you can spread them around your vehicle. I've often found that a single one really doesn't make me feel clean, but using two makes me feel human. Smile
They're also much better than paper towels for non-tiny spills.
They hardly take up any room in your laundry bag, so splurge.

+1 to TrainChaser's can opener! Smile
I have a full size clean-cut one, plus some tiny military jagged-edge cutters, plus a couple of Swiss Army Knives with can openers.
"Cause how you get there is the worthier part." Shephard Book to Kaylee, Firefly
[Image: dobby.png]

2019-Dec update:
I've escaped Winter!
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to Kaylee for this post:
  • NomadJack (04-23-2019), American Nomad Patriot (11-04-2019)
(04-14-2019, 07:59 PM)Flying kurbmaster Wrote: A full set of wrenches up to 19mm or 3/4 inch depending , fulls set of sockets up to 22mm. Utility knife, side cutters, money, Metal snips, hose clamps various sizes, multi screw driver, battery drill, drill bits,  zip ties, oil, wd40, hand pump, tire repair kit, good spare tire, repair manual, TV, music instrument, games, money, vise grips, hammer, condoms, fishing rod and a couple of lures, spare back packing stove and fuel, pop rivet gun and rivets, mechanics plyers, a good jack, tow rope, ratchet ties, bungy cords, extra rope for around camp, duct tape, electric tape, extra bits of wire, fuses, light bulbs, brake fluid, stop leak oil and water, money. Bits of alluminium, shovel folding one. Rain gear, warm gear, gloves, hat, coveralls. Bits of rubber hoses, fuel line, with clamps that fit on them.

I have all of these, except . . . . A good Jack. Wink
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to NomadJack for this post:
  • American Nomad Patriot (11-04-2019)
Thank you all for such great posts. Smile

* how did I forget zip ties?? Omg
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to NomadJack for this post:
  • American Nomad Patriot (11-04-2019)
(04-23-2019, 01:21 PM)NomadJack Wrote:
(04-14-2019, 07:59 PM)Flying kurbmaster Wrote: A full set of wrenches up to 19mm or 3/4 inch depending , fulls set of sockets up to 22mm. Utility knife, side cutters, money, Metal snips, hose clamps various sizes, multi screw driver, battery drill, drill bits,  zip ties, oil, wd40, hand pump, tire repair kit, good spare tire, repair manual, TV, music instrument, games, money, vise grips, hammer, condoms, fishing rod and a couple of lures, spare back packing stove and fuel, pop rivet gun and rivets, mechanics plyers, a good jack, tow rope, ratchet ties, bungy cords, extra rope for around camp, duct tape, electric tape, extra bits of wire, fuses, light bulbs, brake fluid, stop leak oil and water, money. Bits of alluminium, shovel folding one. Rain gear, warm gear, gloves, hat, coveralls. Bits of rubber hoses, fuel line, with clamps that fit on them.

I have all of these, except . . . . A good Jack. Wink

I don’t have one Smile but a good jack to have if you have the space is one of those Jackalls some people call them that, other names for them, they are the ones with the holes in main bar they go fairly high, work good if you get stuck as you can lift high the push them over to move yourself out of ruts or get something under your wheel. I will likely get one and lock it to the back one of these days if I plan on doing more adventurous back back roads.
(04-14-2019, 08:28 PM)Kaylee Wrote: one on you at all times (e.g. a cheap "fauxton" micro squeeze keychain flashlight);
Had light like that on dog tag chain in service. most awesome thing since sliced bread.
Finally broke, then the next ones wouldn't last a week.  go figure

A few pieces of wood for jacking on soft ground or to put under a tire or other stuff like that
Sometimes dweller in 237k miles '07 Grand C-van w/ a solar powered fridge and not much else
(04-20-2019, 08:02 AM)Kaylee Wrote:
(04-17-2019, 04:10 PM)RiotRose Wrote: I was being facetious since it was posted in the thread more than once

Riot, I was about to nominate your for an award for Special Achievement in WordNerdage, but first checked, and Gunny was the first ever VD-er to post the word "facetious"

I def love words! One of my favorites is ubiquitous. 
My son cracks me up when he tries to tell me "you're acting dis-heev-velled"
Me: Dis-shev-velled son, disheveled.
Son: Yeah that.
“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.

― Henry Ford
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to RiotRose for this post:
  • heron (11-05-2019)