Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Travel trailer blues....
(05-16-2018, 11:04 AM)Blanch Wrote: A used TT is a crap shoot at best.

Mine was a no-brainer but I've been looking for what I bought now for close to a year.  17' box on a 19' frame that I'm gonna gut to stud walls, all for the low low price of $1000.  Crawled up under it to check the springs, axles and tires.  All the lights worked and the coupler is old but works.  We'll see how it pans out and how much it weighs when I'm done.   NADA book says it weighs 3105 pounds as is from the factory and I'm gonna try to get it down to as close to 2000 pounds as possible, if possible.  I do agree that it is a crap shoot if you buy it to use it like it is.  No telling what is wrong until you take it out and find out the hard way.  That can be incredibly frustrating especially in the first thunderstorm and the roof leaks right on your forehead.  We'll do several short test runs to be sure everything I install works as it should before heading west this winter.  I just gotta get this frikkin rental house remodel done first.  Today I'm working on this deal of a century dishwasher to figure out where the leak is before installing it.
Traveling.  It leaves you speechless and then turns you into a storyteller.