Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Making my own!
The onan was 1800 rpms, remote start, automatic choke so it was quiet & can be started from anywhere using bellwire. Why switch? I have several 2.5kw gas & a 6kw diesel wit very low hours from a fire truck. Can you use the onan generator & just change the engine if you want diesel?
Let me recommend the best medicine in the world, a long journey, at a mild season, through a pleasant country, in easy stages. James Madison

(03-03-2019, 11:03 AM)Gr8ful Wrote: The onan was 1800 rpms, remote start, automatic choke so it was quiet & can be started from anywhere using bellwire. Why switch? I have several 2.5kw gas & a 6kw diesel wit very low hours from a fire truck. Can you use the onan generator & just change the engine if you want diesel?

Where is the fun in that? I wanted to build my own setup, make it fit the space, not make the space for generator. I have a diesel Yanmar 10k generator, just not something I would put in the Ambo. The Northern Star 2900watt head is made for a 5hp gas engine, so a 6hp diesel should be fine. Also I really just wanted a belt driven generator.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Not telling you what to do but I'd put a rensioner to keep the belts tight & a serpentine belt but your call sir. Good luck!
Let me recommend the best medicine in the world, a long journey, at a mild season, through a pleasant country, in easy stages. James Madison