Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
JUST A HEADS UP
crvl is conducting what Bob calls caravans mostly in Az. this time of the year and almost entirely on BLM land. Blm has a strict policy against cutting and burning native trees, stumps and downed wood on BLM supervised areas. If you collect wood off the desert floor you are subject to citations and fines. A caravan on American Girl Mine rd is doing this as I post. When I brought this up on the crvl forum they refused to publish it because it was "hearsay". If rules and laws are not followed on these lands they will restrict them to day use only and we will lose many of the areas we like to camp in. I don't agree with sending caravans to places some of us have been using for years. If folks find them on their own, so be it. Mini RTRs all over the country, no thanks.
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to smrtrvlr for this post:
  • GotSmart (01-24-2019), American Nomad Patriot (01-25-2019)
I see way too much of this going on. 

Rtr needed a class on respecting the environment.
Compared to parenting, Cat herding is less complicated
[-] The following 3 users say Thank You to GotSmart for this post:
  • TWIH (01-25-2019), GypsyDogs (01-25-2019), American Nomad Patriot (01-25-2019)
How do you know this and is there any proof? Sounds out of character
monkeyfoot
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Cammalu for this post:
  • MobileC (01-25-2019)
(01-24-2019, 07:45 PM)Cammalu Wrote: How do you know this and is there any proof?  Sounds out of character

I was there, proof is in the woodpiles. I should have taken a pic. Next time. Sounds out of character for who? How do you quantify the character of 5000 people?
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to smrtrvlr for this post:
  • American Nomad Patriot (01-25-2019)
It was caravan 2, led by Randy. I doubt that he would lie if asked about it. Perhaps they are ignorant of the laws.
You can’t tell the difference between wood purchased from a local wood supplier to wood brought in from a deadfall on BLM land unless you see it brought in. ( Whole branches are a giveaway). If this is true, someone over there needs to do some quick education of the caravans. 

We are here to help each other out. Send HDR a pm with your concerns.
Compared to parenting, Cat herding is less complicated
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to GotSmart for this post:
  • Matlock (01-25-2019)
(01-24-2019, 08:46 PM)GotSmart Wrote: You can’t tell the difference between wood purchased from a local wood supplier to wood brought in from a deadfall on BLM land unless you see it brought in. ( Whole branches are a giveaway). If this is true, someone over there needs to do some quick education of the caravans. 

We are here to help each other out. Send HDR a pm with your concerns.
Ocotillo is readily identifiable and is not sold commercially. Wood purchased is in equal lengths and come with a receipt. Not sure who HDR is but I posted this because--1. I don't want to see people jacked up and 2. I don't want to see areas closed because some won't adhere to the regs.
5000 people? I think the caravans are a bit smaller. . I’ll let HDR know.

I’m sure Randy knows about this rule. Did you let him know about this?
monkeyfoot
The caravans are drawn from the people at the rtr and they come and go, that's what I was referring to. That number of people certainly contains folks who would violate the conditions. They are talking about having 4 rtrs a year now.
It only takes a small crowd to spoil it for others and if the rules of the land are not adhered to then everyone will lose their land privileges. I hope this doesn't happen because it looks like more and more people are giving up their home to full time on the road and if these free places are going to be closed off due to a few ignorants then who knows what will happen. Seems like the more people that know and that are going to these events the more trouble that's being caused and the more rules are being broken due to plain ignorants. Maybe a plaque or poster sign should be erected at all sights pointing all the rules to adhere by? for those that don't know and to also be placed up as a refresher for the ones that frequent often.
People that are loving and affectionate are like delicate flowers, if you don't show them love in return and nurture them daily, they will build up a wall between you and eventually you will lose their love and trust.