Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best route to follow?
This is the first time I have been this far in the southwest and am in Albuquerque. Seeking route advice from you experienced folks as to the next leg of the journey to quartizite.
Would it be better to continue on the 40 to Flagstaff or to jump on the 25 and head south from here?
Weather wise, there is a system moving in to the area, and Flagstaff is at 7K feet, meaing Snow.

Go south. imo
Take 25 to 10, then West
Compared to parenting, Cat herding is less complicated 
Will head south then. I sure don't want to deal with another snowstorm as I was stuck in St. Louis Mo when that system moved thru last week. Thanks John.
I-25 South, to exit 41 then take HWY26 to Deming, then I-10 West. There is no gas on HWY 26, so get gas in Hatch if you need it. HWY 26 will save you a half hour and 30 miles rather than going into Las Cruces. 

In Arizona, if you take the Phoenix Bypass, I-8, avoiding the Phoenix traffic, then I-8 to Gila Bend, then HWY 85 to I-10 West, to Quartzsite, Exit 19.

If you stay on I-10, bore a hole thru Phoenix, then follow I-10 to Quartzsite, Exit 19.
Wondering about Wandering.
Thanks T2S.
Took that shortcut and will forsure take the 8 back to the 10 as there isn't any desire to go thru Phoenix.
So I guess we will see you tomorrow.  Big Grin
Compared to parenting, Cat herding is less complicated