Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
coach and house batteries are dead
I tried to edit previous note and couldn't.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
CoPilots: Cleo & Joe
2000 Tioga 27' Class C
450 Ford Chassis
V-10 Triton
Onan 4000 on-board gas genny

(01-11-2019, 12:39 PM)RoamingRaven Wrote: I tried to edit previous note and couldn't.  

you should be able to edit within 1/2 hour,what did it do?

glad the battery thing is fixed
My phone doesn't allow edits :-(

2000 Tioga 27' Class C
450 Ford Chassis
V-10 Triton

(01-05-2019, 11:38 AM)Roadtripp Wrote: Great! May the electrical force be with you. There are handyman types who understand electrical theory well enough to troubleshoot the system. Ask around.
 I love solar but harbor reduced expectations for solar in Winter due to low angle of the sun, shading, cloud shading, tree shading, antennas, etc. However if the panels are tilted up facing the sun on a cold clear day they can really perform!!. Even more than in Summer because solar panels produce better when cold than when hot. Especially if snow is also reflecting the light onto the panels. I’ve seen it.
Having said this I’ve read that on average Seattle has 70% the solar energy potential of Los Angeles. 70% is not too bad in my book but to many it’s a deal breaker especially with the Winter cloudiness. Sunny snowy weather is rare there.  And flat panels on a RV roof don’t get the direct light from snow. And are difficult to clean snow and debris. With the sun high in Summer it’s easier to avoid shading. So plugging into a charger is often necessary in Winter when any significant loads are on.
Don't forget the blocking of the sun due to the weather modification plane chemtrails. These constantly create an overcast day when there should not be.
#NomadLivesMatter  
Chemtrails arent blocking the panels. The snow is and my rig does not have a ladder. About 3- 4" at this time. Snow continues to fall.

Good point, I'm still holding at 12.0

2000 Tioga 27' Class C
450 Ford Chassis
V-10 Triton

12.0 is a depleted battery unless under heavy electrical usage. If your charge source is the panels, clean the snow off or plug in/start the generator. A rested battery fully charged should be about 12.7.

I haven't noticed any problem with chemtrails (not even sure what they are). Had to look it up on Wikipedia: "The chemtrail conspiracy theory is based on the erroneous belief that long-lasting condensation trails are "chemtrails" consisting of chemical or biological agents left in the sky by high-flying aircraft, sprayed for nefarious purposes undisclosed to the general public".

I know planes have contrails.
Brian

2000 Roadtrek 200 Versatile "The Beast" (it has been tamed hopefully)  I feed it and it doesn't bite me.   Angel
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to B and C for this post:
  • RoamingRaven (01-12-2019), Cammalu (01-12-2019)
Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds? My kinda chemtrail back in the day.