Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Suaoki power pack problem recharging from van
Fireworks.. nah.

Ive put HD on ignore and wont read his posts anymore.

He seems to join online forums just to proclaim his greatness and abilities to defy the laws of physics. Probably comes online just so he cant hear people's eyes roll back in their skulls as he walks away.

If the suaoki is not being charged through the stock power port but but a better wired receptacle off he house battery, Perhaps the house battery voltage is too low. Or the ciggy plug provided with the suaoki is in its last throws.

They usually have fuses inside if one unscrews the spring loaded tip. But thse plugs can fail in many different ways. And will fail. It is just a matter of when.
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to sternwake for this post:
  • GypsyDogs (11-30-2018), Kaylee (11-30-2018)
Wow, I was wondering why there was an explosion of posts. #fireworks

Dan did have some valid troubleshooting points, so yes, to add to what GypsyDogs already posted, we did experiment with both ciggie outlets on the house battery box, and I've done multiple full charges of various devices on both.

Multiple times I've had the suaoki plugged in 12+ hours, and both the ciggie plug and suaoki lights do their thing.
I've twice fully charged my portable DVD player from the same port I've mostly been using.
The house battery system works fine. Smile
The problem is wholly an issue with the suaoki system.

This has been the very first time I've used the ciggie cord that came with the suaoki.
I'll try to take apart the ciggie tip, later today, once I have some heat. Smile

I just checked the control panel of the house battery, and one of the wee status items shows:
12.6V
39.3A

GotSmart:  yes, I'll be joining y'all in January.  You're on for setting that up! Smile
Once I'm back in WI, let's discuss what I'll need to buy.
Thanks a ton! Smile
adopted a Geeky blue van, tentative progress on a GoodJob, still lots of Newbie Qs;
"Cause how you get there is the worthier part." Shephard Book to Kaylee, "Serenity", Firefly
(11-30-2018, 04:38 AM)GotSmart Wrote:
(11-30-2018, 03:58 AM)Cammalu Wrote: Handy Dan we only have one rule here. It should be easy to remember....

In case you forgot it’s “Don’t be an asshole”

There is a reason why I have that one on ignore. How much more bad information will be put out by this identity before it is forced to use another one?

I will follow your lead... "Ignore" is activated.

Despite some decent advice, I don't need the "other forum" style catfights... so now they go away, just like J___61CT's have.
They say when you get older two things happen, one is you lose your memory and the other, I forget.

Organized people are simply too lazy to search for stuff.
i believe in the middle of a rain storm i saw some type of alternator-house charging?
Change the forum theme-bottom right
yarc t-shirts
yarc stickers pirate edition
(11-30-2018, 03:58 AM)Cammalu Wrote: Handy Dan we only have one rule here. It should be easy to remember....

In case you forgot it’s “Don’t be an asshole”

thats been taken care of
Change the forum theme-bottom right
yarc t-shirts
yarc stickers pirate edition
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to Blacktank for this post:
  • rvpopeye (11-30-2018), GypsyDogs (12-01-2018)
Charging of USB devices needs no inverter or Suaoki powerpack.

One of the few things I have left which are designed to fit in a ciggy receptacle are the USB chargers though They see very limited use.

My Phone can only draw 0.98 amps at 5v, so basically 5 watts. 5 watts is not going to stress even the most poorly wired ciggy receptacle.

[Image: 61hVeuYpIHL._SL1150_.jpg]

Note that this is an example, not a specific brand/product recommendation. Many convenience stores sell these 12v powerport to USB ciggy chargers, but some can only provide 0.5 amps, where many devices require more than this, and might not charge at all or just charge much slower.

I much prefer a dedicated 12v to 5vUSB charger. I have an older Blueseas version that maintains 5.15v charging two devices at about 1.7 amps, where the cheaper plug like imaged above drops to 4.78 volts.

https://www.amazon.com/Blue-Sea-Systems-...e+seas+USB

While i own an older Blue seas USB 12v to 5v usb, they have a new version capable of providing more amperage, but there are many other sellers of similar items and one could perhaps be paying top dollar for little to no more quality than the cheaper off brands. These have Spade connectors on the back to accept quick connect fittings and have very low parasitic draws, but long term storage with no Solar one might wish to pull their fuse.

Most USB devices have a functional range of 4.75 to 5.25 volts, and when charging thinks like phones or tablets, and just like lead acid battery charging, the higher the voltage the faster the charging.

Also the length of the charging cable and the quality of the electrical contacts in the end can have great effect on recharge times. Using a 1 foot long cable to recharge my phone on this connetor with the blue seas USB source is significantly faster than the 1 meter cord Samsung provided with their 110vac to 5vdc USB wall wart.

This product if used regularly on USB and USB mini and micro connectors will keep connections trouble free and low resistance:
[/img]https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/71MZiFbC%2BCL._SL1500_.jpg[/img]

The red is to clean badly oxidized contact, the gold is for minorly oxidized contacts. Both lubricate and make the plugs snap into phone with a solid click one has not herd since their phone was new..

The Deoxit products are pretty much magic electric juice on electrical contacts, but they can also make dust stick to them easier. They can slow the degradation of Ciggy plugs and receptacles, but their lubricating properties can allow the plugs to wiggle their way loose easier.

Anyway they are great products to have ready to use on any suspect electrical connection and can also be considered preventative maintenance by keeping electrical resistance low.
(11-29-2018, 09:18 PM)Kaylee Wrote: My 150 Watt-hour Suaoki portable power pack/station is having issues being recharged via a car port charger, in the van (i.e. Fawkes/FI).

When running or when sitting?  

Can't find a manual on that one, but it is common for packs to only charge meaningfully from 12v outlet when the vehicle is running (and therefore charging voltage elevated).
---
frater/jason
FT around El Paso:  159" Promaster, 570w
blog | campervan | RVwiki

Thanks Frater!
The problem is when I try to charge from the van's house batteries.

I took a quick look inside the connector, and the fuse slid out, but I don't know what I'm looking for.
Once I get back to WI, I'll take pics, and let you folks do your thing. Big Grin
I'll also contact Suaoki tech support, and see if they'll send me a better cord.

I'll try to stop at the Rapid City Library and recharge both the power pack and Chromebook. 
Have limited power until then.
adopted a Geeky blue van, tentative progress on a GoodJob, still lots of Newbie Qs;
"Cause how you get there is the worthier part." Shephard Book to Kaylee, "Serenity", Firefly
Look inside the glass part of the fuse and if you can see a piece of thin wire or metal going all the way between the metal ends , it' good . If the wire is melted in the middle or completely gone , it's blown.
Stay Tuned
rvpopeye

Weirdo Overlord  YARC 
ROOIRIA  
15 "Stinkin'Badges"  a "Full Monty Badge" 2 "Just Ignore Me" clusters  4 "Pine Cone" clusters  one "Stinkin' Badger" and 7 of the coveted "Flying Manure Spreader"awards
1 of which is a limited edition Turkey Poop Spreader (What a "Stinkin' " honor !)

[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to rvpopeye for this post:
  • Kaylee (12-01-2018), TWIH (12-02-2018)