Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Change in vehicles coming up
About 2 months ago we found a rustfree 2010 grand caravan with 75,000 miles & every option offered which I could do without & more underfloor storage than I've ever seen 3 TVs, a front or rear back poower back seat & more & more all for $4,000. Easy in & out, very comfortable. Has the 4 litre & 6 speed. I've traveled & camped in a minivan before & it's very doable. I just bought it as a driver & plan to keep the ambo. It will be 2 degrees above tonight.
"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." - Thomas Jefferson
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Gr8ful for this post:
  • TWIH (02-08-2021)
(02-08-2021, 08:21 PM)Gr8ful Wrote: About 2 months ago we found a rustfree 2010 grand caravan with 75,000 miles & every option offered which I could do without & more underfloor storage than I've ever seen 3 TVs, a front or rear back poower back seat & more & more all for $4,000. Easy in & out, very comfortable. Has the 4 litre & 6 speed. I've traveled & camped in a minivan before & it's very doable. I just bought it as a driver & plan to keep the ambo. It will be 2 degrees above tonight.

Great find for the miles. motor and price. The 4.0 liter was a short lived timing belt engine but it had great performance, similar to the next year's Pentstar. The 4 liter is only found on the top of the line models in both Dodge and Chrysler, hence all the options. You found a good vehicle it would seem.

As soon as I can get the cc bills paid off I can start to look for a suitable minivan, just have to figure out what to do with the 100K+ Edge. Not a lot of market for it around here. Funny, it's easy to buy a car but hard to sell one, weird.

Yep the 2 bags will be combined and other than no heat overnight, I will make it and just have to get through February. Come March the mid Atlantic starts Spring temperatures, not so much the upper Midwest. 
Could always be worse, I remind myself.
"Life is short, smile while you still have teeth."
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to TWIH for this post:
  • heron (02-10-2021)
A bit old and rough but didn't look rusted out. Came from Maryland so who knows... There are a few cheapies still around. Bet someone on the west coast would like to see this one...

Big Van - $1,500 (Carrboro)
1990 ford econoline cargo van
condition: good
cylinders: 8 cylinders
drive: rwd
fuel: gas
odometer: 126580
paint color: white
size: full-size
title status: clean
transmission: automatic

1990 Ford Van, V8, econoline 250, Runs Great, Shifts Rough into high gear, but just need to baby her! Drove from Maryland 5 Hours No Problems! Price Firm!! Text Only Please
Maybe, instead of selling the Edge, you can donate it and take a modest tax deduction? A lot of colleges (mechanics training) and women’s shelters, and such will gladly take the car and give you a receipt.
My body is a temple- Ancient and crumbling,  
probably cursed 

Dog Bender with 4.2 Stinkin' Badges 
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to GypsyDogs for this post:
  • heron (02-10-2021)
(02-09-2021, 03:17 AM)GypsyDogs Wrote: Maybe, instead of selling the Edge, you can donate it and take a modest tax deduction? A lot of colleges (mechanics training) and women’s shelters, and such will gladly take the car and give you a receipt.

Well if I needed a tax deduction maybe however I don't income-wise. I need the $3-4K that it would bring against the cost of the next vehicle. It was a nice thought anyway.

The Edge is an ok commute vehicle, fwd gets around nicely and the 3.5 engine isn't hard on fuel getting 24-25 mpg's on the highway. It has 1 major engine design flaw, the water pump is inside the ft cover behind the timing chain and takes about 10-12 shop hours to change. If you lose the water pump, well, kinda' forget it... Sad

Other than that it is pretty well reviewed but it's not what a potential dweller needs.

Oh that previous 1990 Ford van ad was a local Craigslist.