Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hurricane Michael
A challenge is one thing, but that's really scary! I would run like hell the minute anyone said a hurricane was coming. I'll stick with earthquakes, thanks.
Not old, smart.
(10-12-2018, 05:15 AM)ratfink56 Wrote: Not old, smart.
Yes, versus all the amateur storm chasers seeking a thrill and their 30 seconds of internet fame...

Did you see the clip a couple weeks back about the reporter faking the wind strength during Florence? He was bracing himself against the horrific winds while in the background 2 people casually walked by... all for ratings...

“Weather Channel reporter shamed for "faking it" in the Florence winds.”

[/url]

[url=https://twitter.com/intent/tweet?url=http://bit.ly/2CYnMsP&text=Weather%20Channel%20reporter%20shamed%20for%20%22faking%20it%22%20in%20the%20Florence%20winds]
"Life is short, smile while you still have teeth."
I saw that! OTOH, does anyone really consider reporters to be honest people? No. Knowledgeable? No. Caring? No. It's anything for a story, and if they have to make something up, well...... they will.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to TrainChaser for this post:
  • MN C Van (10-12-2018)
Compared to what the rest of the country has been experiencing, New England seems like mellow year round weather, outside of a few Nor'easters, and they don't bring near the damage these hurricanes do, just a few days of inconvenience for most of us.

Makes me thing we're due for something big, maybe that fault line we're sitting on will finally act up?
ERLH, don't beg for trouble. Mother Nature can have an evil sense of humor.
(10-12-2018, 11:16 AM)TrainChaser Wrote: I saw that!  OTOH, does anyone really consider reporters to be honest people?  No.  Knowledgeable?  No.  Caring?  No.  It's anything for a story, and if they have to make something up, well...... they will.

Having a degree from a top communications school, I find your opinion to be purely hyperbole.  

You confuse reporters with entertainers.
Compared to parenting, Cat herding is less complicated
(10-12-2018, 11:16 AM)TrainChaser Wrote: I saw that!  OTOH, does anyone really consider reporters to be honest people?  No.  Knowledgeable?  No.  Caring?  No.  It's anything for a story, and if they have to make something up, well...... they will.

I'm still waiting for the Y2K they spent tubs of ink warning me about
Sometimes dweller in 237k miles '07 Grand C-van w/ a solar powered fridge and not much else
"You confuse reporters with entertainers."

One and the same! **grin**
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to TrainChaser for this post:
  • MN C Van (10-14-2018)
(10-12-2018, 08:45 PM)TrainChaser Wrote: "You confuse reporters with entertainers."

One and the same!  **grin**

It is sad that many people can not tell the difference. It is bad for the country that the leader calls things he does not want to hear fake news.
Compared to parenting, Cat herding is less complicated
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to GotSmart for this post:
  • Everyroadleadshome (10-15-2018)