Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Registered to vote as a homeless Nomad
I met with the county registrar to again plead my case for voter registration.

Last election I was forced to vote on a provisional ballot and I was unregistered as a voter for having no physical address. I have voted in this county and in the same precinct since 2004.

Yesterday went much better. I explained that my storage unit is here, my mail comes here, and I camp here about three months out of every year. I explained that I really needed to vote by mail, and that the expectation that I would be able to travel to the county registrar office every election was putting an unreasonable expense on someone who is low income and homeless. After some discussion I was registered as living on FR123 2.1 miles east of HWY101 (not my actual location, I may be stoned, but I ain’t giving up my favorite spot online). It was a pretty interesting conversation. I am legal and able to vote by mail!!!

Yay!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[-] The following 4 users say Thank You to Blanch for this post:
  • Texjbird (10-05-2018), rvpopeye (10-05-2018), Kaylee (10-06-2018), GypsyDogs (10-10-2018)
Someone recognized that you weren't a derelict living under an overpass, and robbing convenience stores. WOW!
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to TrainChaser for this post:
  • Blanch (10-05-2018)