Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hurricane Michael
I live in S.E.Alabama.  Three hours ago my county and others were put under both Hurricane and Tropical Storm warnings.

My county expected to have winds in the 55mph range early on Wed. morning.

The weather report stated that Michael may affect areas inland from the gulf to Tallahassee.

It may be a catagory 3 at landfall.   

The Aliner is up so all I can do is close the vents and windows and try and get some ropes up across the roof sections and secured to the front frame and rear bumper.  It's in a good sized coverd stall with only the front open.  The front of it is about 5 to 6 feet back into the stall.  

I think I should leave the 2 side slider windows open about an inch, I'm just not sure about it.  Any one have any thoughts on that?  I may call Aliner up in PA and see what they have to say about it.

I hope everyone in FL and the other affected areas stay as safe as possible.  I also hope the side door window in the Safari stays in place.  It's shattered in 1,000s of pieces and only 2 layers of crash wrap are holding it in.  I may try and rig a tarp inside the van by tieing it off to the pipe clothes rod that runs side to side at the rear doors and also to the front passeger hand hold.  Maybe if the window goes the tarp will keep the inside of the van and everything in it from becoming water damaged or covered with glass.

I guess I'll get my 2 new Luci lights charged up just in case.

JewellAnn
  I DON'T GO CRAZY
Tongue      I AM CRAZY          
   I JUST GO NORMAL FROM TIME TO TIME
It's better to prepare and not need it than NOT prepare and............
Stay Safe TJB
stay tuned 
popeye

Weirdo Overlord : FMS Fleet Ops , Awards , Badges ,  aka Tamerlane the Impaler Mod.
I wish I was closer to you, I'd help you close up the Aliner.  Good luck riding this thing out.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to weigh2ez for this post:
  • Texjbird (10-09-2018)
Those fools haven't gotten those windows replaced YET???
Well its gone by you now. Diminished in wind strength but the rain is a comin’ down already in NC... weather radar map looks quite “wet”...  

My son’s roof is still unrepaired from Florence so we expect more leakage...
"Life is short, smile while you still have teeth."
TWIH I sure hope your sons home doesn't get more damage.  Two bad storms damaging a home twice
 just isn't right.

At 5am the Safari still had all it's windows even the shattered one.  This morning I called my storage facility and Robert who had done a morning ride around check said the Aliner is still standing and he didn't notice any damage.  I'll check after seeing my eye DR.  There was some damage to a couple of swing gates that are on the larger stalls.  Those have mostly really big RVs and boats in them.  I almost rented one except the rent is a little steep for me.

I'm on the phone with the DRs answering service and they may be closed..............Nope just no phone service I guess someone called in using their cell phone.

JewellAnn
  I DON'T GO CRAZY
Tongue      I AM CRAZY          
   I JUST GO NORMAL FROM TIME TO TIME
This storm absolutely destroyed my favorite place in Florida, Mexico Beach. The town was a time warp with all public beach and no buildings over 48 feet high. A lot of history was lost. Very sad.
Yes, that area was about wiped off the map. Amazing what 155 mph winds and a 9’ storm surge can do...

We got more wet but since it hadnt been worked on, just the same insulation and gyprock that was previously wet got wet again...

Still have a home, more than many can say...
"Life is short, smile while you still have teeth."
With every one of these disasters, I'll bet that more people are thinking about living mobile.
I have always gotten overexcited to experience weather extremes.

Going to be cold, lets see how cold, Gonna be windy, let it blow, gonna rain, snow, buckets baby, bring it on.

But some of the video footage in the video below.

WHOLE Different LEVEL

I must be getting old.