Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
good charities to give my old car to?
As I mentioned elsewhere, it turns out I need a "salvage title", due to an accident 4 years ago (twerp mangled my parked car). The state website says I was supposed to be issued it, but never was. It neglects to mention who is supposed to issue it. Grrr!Argh!
I've contacted my insurer (the one who wrote off my car), but am getting the run around. I'll be calling the State DMV next week.

Has anyone ever had their car written off by their insurer, but kept it? Do you remember who sent you the salvage title?

On a bright note, GypsyDogs had a brilliant idea: donate it to a community college auto program! Smile
I did a quick google, and there's three colleges close to her, so I'll be contacting each to see if they're interested.
"Cause how you get there is the worthier part." Shephard Book to Kaylee, Firefly
[Image: dobby.png]

2019-Dec update:
I've escaped Winter!
Yup. We had an old Dodge van parked quietly in front of our house. Snowed. Man went for beer in his momma’s car. He lost it on the snow and hit the rear end of the van, swung around and hit the door. The neighbor saw it. The guy’s engine was sitting to one side of his car. The guy denied he hit the van, said he was out of gas. Neighbor called the police as the driver left. We were paid what we had in it. The next year, U joint went out on it in Hoover Alabama... Home Depot parking lot in January. Mr Snik put in the new U. People in Hoover only drive current year cars. We stuck out like a sore thumb... So we got the U joint fixed and drove that van to Florida. On the way home I was driving it out of a gas station when some lucky guy backed out of his parking spot and locked on the bumper. I dragged him a good ways before I figured out what was going on. So add a rather bent up passenger side bumper to the dinged door and wrecked driver rear. We drove it a couple years until someone busted out the windshield while van was sitting in the same lucky spot. Didn’t have any trouble junking that van. It might have run a couple more years with a new windshield but Mr. Snik was tired of climbing over the passenger seat to get in.
I'm not lost. I'm exploring.