Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I-5 closed
"The fire erupted Wednesday afternoon in a rural area and devoured timber and brush on both sides of Interstate 5 as it nearly tripled in size overnight, officials said Thursday."
https://www.oregonlive.com/wildfires/ind...alifo.html

[Image: 96a_ap18249298426611.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Blacktank for this post:
  • AbuelaLoca (09-07-2018)
Exclamation 
That is to be expected in N CA. The fire danger was always a known risk. 

This happens to be one of my earliest memories. The Hanly Fire of 1964 just touched our property. My oldest sister (20) was beating roadside weeds with a wet broom. My oldest brother (10) though her car was too close to the fire, so he got in it and by hitting the starter hopped her heap across the driveway into the still smoking field.  She started chasing him and beating him with the broom. The local nosey neighbor (1/2 mile away)  called the sheriff saying that my father was killing his kids for not working hard enough. By the time my dad and the sheriff showed up I was The only one left there. 

I got to see a fire, my brother and my sister fight, and the cops in the same day. Boy was I a happy kid.
Compared to parenting, Cat herding is less complicated 
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to GotSmart for this post:
  • AbuelaLoca (09-07-2018)
"I got to see a fire, my brother and my sister fight, and the cops in the same day. Boy was I a happy kid."

Ah, the memories.....
(09-06-2018, 09:08 PM)TrainChaser Wrote: "I got to see a fire, my brother and my sister fight, and the cops in the same day. Boy was I a happy kid."

Ah, the memories.....

I was four years old!
Compared to parenting, Cat herding is less complicated 
4??? Add in a firetruck and you probably could have exploded !
Stay Tuned
rvpopeye

Weirdo Overlord  YARC 
ROOIRIA  
15 "Stinkin'Badges"  a "Full Monty Badge" 2 "Just Ignore Me" clusters  10 "Pine Cone" clusters  , one "Stinkin' Badger" and 7 of the coveted "Flying Manure Spreader"awards
(What a "Stinkin' " honor !)