Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Leaking AC evap core housing
Took the rig out for a drive. AC on full blast.

Not a single drip under the rig....but..a small leak inside developed.

So, I am really worried where the water is going. I am going to rig up a suction hose and try to suck out any gunk in the drain hose. I feel like there might be gunk inside that box, and just blowing out the drain didn’t actually remove the crap..so now I will try suction.... And try again to close that leak.

I put paper towels down everywhere along that housing box. So, I will give it a try again for a short distance today...try to catch the leak early to see where exactly it comes from. Hope to have the drain cleared this time.

If this going on long enough..I won’t need the AC till next year!

1989 Honeywell motorhome
Ford E350 chassis.  460 engine
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to RoamingKat for this post:
  • daonacetpi1969 (08-26-2018)
I think I'm gonna lose MY mind before this is resolved! AARRGGHHH
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to ratfink56 for this post:
  • RoamingKat (08-24-2018)
AAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHH.

Took the RV out for a drive. AC on full tilt.

Stopped after about 30 minutes. Water leaking under the RV. Great! That’s where it should be. BUT, still a leak inside too. I could see exactly where it was coming from....patched that. Then, yesterday I took the RV out for another run. AC on full. Same result, except this time the leak inside was coming from a different place. I feel like the little boy with his finger in the dike. Each time I plug on..and new one appears!

Yesterday I resealed the entire length of the housing. I am using Lexel. It claims it remains flexible. Maybe the problem is that I seal it, but then the shaking and vibration is causing small cracks to reappear. Well...Lexel should fix this. That’s the current theory. But, the good news, the drain appears to be open and working! Yea!

Once this cures, I will take it out and try again. I am departing here on Sunday...I really would like this fixed before I am back on the road. I won’t have days to wait for curing times.

1989 Honeywell motorhome
RoamingKat VS SneakyLeaky! Go Kat Go.
  • RoamingKat (08-26-2018)
Sneaky leak is winning.

Took the RV out yesterday. While there is a lot of water under the RV after driving in this heat, there is also still a small leak inside the passenger compartment. Drat!

I am so sick of fighting this!!

Ok...new plan. As I am back on the road in just 2 days....time is up. So, I will Put some rags there to catch the water as it leaks out. Change the rags daily to keep it dry.

When I have the time and resources to pull the whole thing out ... then deal with the real issue

This means waiting till I have the necessary service lined up to do metal work to replace whatever framing and firewall needs to be rebuilt if it is rusted beyond redemption. Getting all that out is a huge pain, but repairing the possible damage is even worse. Uuuuuugggggggghhhhhhh!

1989 Honeywell motorhome
Maybe it will fix itself when you get on the road. Keep your fingers crossed.
  • RoamingKat (09-02-2018)
Sounds like you've improved the situation!
Navigable lake in passenger footwell to tiny drip you can overcome
Sometimes dweller in 236k miles '07 Grand C-van w/ a solar powered fridge and not much else
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to MN C Van for this post:
  • RoamingKat (09-02-2018)
So..go figure this.

I drove for 4 hours on Sunday. When I stopped, there was water pouring out from under the engine...but also inside the passenger compartment. Not the small leak I had days earlier. Massive amount of water.

Ok...drove a lot longer and it was a lot hotter. That may explain it.

Then, yesterday I drove for 5 hours. Vicious hot, near 100. When I stopped. Lots of water underneath...but...the passenger compartment was bone dry. Not a drop. Huh?

I don’t which bothers me more...not being able to seal the leak or having the leak stop for no descernable reason.

1989 Honeywell motorhome
Effing weird...