Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Here it comes again
The National Weather service reports that the unusual weather pattern that brought intense heat to the middle of the country, and flooding rains to the east will be returning.   

The jet stream pattern so unusual for the summer months will be returning starting this weekend.  Here in N. Carolina the monsoon rains will start again and continue thru the coming week.

Geez...hope this doesn’t stall like the last time.   20 days of rain here in the low country was way past endurable....   

I may have to consider changing the dates for my travel plans.....being wet all the time is just too much.
1989 Honeywell motorhome
Ford E350 chassis.  460 engine
#arkdwellersforum?
My body is a temple- Ancient and crumbling,  
probably cursed 

Dog Bender with 4.2 Stinkin' Badges 
[-] The following 5 users say Thank You to GypsyDogs for this post:
  • AbuelaLoca (08-10-2018), frater secessus (08-10-2018), Cammalu (08-10-2018), heron (08-11-2018), BradKW (08-14-2018)
Great example of why to be prepared, and have your van capable of living IN it long term rather than just living out of it. Bad weather? Who cares, I just hunker down and enjoy the view from inside my tiny home on wheels.
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to Handy_Dan for this post:
  • Vesper (08-10-2018), Motrukdriver (08-10-2018)
Woke this morning to lightning, thunder, and downpour.

Gee this is fun.

Yes, I am thinking I may need to add pontoons to the rig ... at least till I get up into the Blue Ridge.
1989 Honeywell motorhome
Ford E350 chassis.  460 engine
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to RoamingKat for this post:
  • rvpopeye (08-11-2018), AbuelaLoca (08-11-2018)
I'm not asking , but that is probably coming this vvay......>Sad
stay tuned 
popeye

Weirdo Overlord : FMS Fleet Ops , Awards , Badges ,  aka Tamerlane the Impaler Mod.
(08-11-2018, 05:13 AM)rvpopeye Wrote: I'm not asking , but that is probably coming this vvay......>Sad

Yup, ya'll better batten down your hatches.

TJB
  I DON'T GO CRAZY
Tongue      I AM CRAZY          
   I JUST GO NORMAL FROM TIME TO TIME
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Texjbird for this post:
  • rvpopeye (08-11-2018)
(08-11-2018, 05:13 AM)rvpopeye Wrote: I'm not asking , but that is probably coming this vvay......>Sad

Hush, Popeye!
Two gloriously stinkin' badges.
Official YARC ship’s navigator.
Heron
It vvon't do any good , no matter here the vveather is , for some reason it alays seems to come through here......

Oregon , yup.. Gulf of Mexico , yup ........Florida. yup .....Canada , sure..... out in the Atlantic ,,absolutely/
My theory of vvhy is there's a black hole somevvhere in Levviston........
stay tuned 
popeye

Weirdo Overlord : FMS Fleet Ops , Awards , Badges ,  aka Tamerlane the Impaler Mod.
RoamingKat,
Sorry for off topic. I see that you also have 1989 E350 460 based MH.
I have 1989 E350 460 26' Tioga. It has the MPG of a 40 foot GMC coach with a 8V71 Detroit Diesel. Around six mpg.
What are your MPG figures like?

Note: This post needs only one response from RoamigKat, not a general discussion.

Thanks,
Wayne
(08-11-2018, 01:10 PM)Wayne49 Wrote: RoamingKat,
Sorry for off topic. I see that you also have 1989 E350 460 based MH.
I have 1989 E350 460 26' Tioga. It has the MPG of a 40 foot GMC coach with a 8V71 Detroit Diesel. Around six mpg.
What are your MPG figures like?

Note: This post needs only one response from RoamigKat, not a general discussion.

Thanks,
Wayne

Wayne;   On this forum threads wander, and so do our minds. We like it that way. 

It is pouring down in KY now. It was nice while it lasted. No more due for a couple days.
Compared to parenting, Cat herding is less complicated