Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cargo trailer suggestions
(08-08-2018, 10:13 AM)Cammalu Wrote: I can’t remember what make of trailer it was but one gal went through a nightmare with a new one she bought. It was over on CVRL.  

I don’t know the good brands from the bad brands but someone here should be able to let you know which ones to stay away from. They sure aren’t all created equal.

...that was me...  Be warned.. Flat roofs are a BAD idea.. they generally are a 1" deep swimming pool - so promote leakage..

check out Serenity on the Other forum....
My body is a temple- Ancient and crumbling,  
probably cursed 

[Image: AIDog_Line_Sm_Teal_GD.png]
I am the Ear-Wormer with a Stinkin' Badge 
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to GypsyDogs for this post:
  • Matlock (08-10-2018)
I'd opt for a flat front/rounded front over a V front. V fronts put more weight over the tongue and allow way more weight to be loaded over the toungue so you can easily mess up your weight configuration. Plus I like having my tougue empty to throw a storage box on it for wheel chocks, tie down straps, and other odd ball loose end stuff. Gives me a good place to store it all.

Someone did a study that proved V nose trailers don't help the mpg and actually can increase the amount of sway with the way wind hits it. I'll try and find the link.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Everyroadleadshome for this post:
  • Matlock (08-10-2018)
(08-10-2018, 06:56 AM)Everyroadleadshome Wrote: Someone did a study that proved V nose trailers don't help the mpg and actually can increase the amount of sway with the way wind hits it. 

Yep. 

If we pushed trailers in front of us rolling down the highway, a V-nose would make sense....but of course, we dont do that.

I suppose IF you had a pickup with no shell on the back, AND the trailer had a drop nose V, then MAYBE it would help, increase the mpg...maybe.

But the OP has a box truck so a better way to help mpg and stability is to buy and install airtabs...but those are not really related to a cargo trailer thread.

Now, I have seen a few cargo conversions where they filled the V-nose area with an A/C unit and ducting, plus some plumbing, water tanks, and storage...so it really depends on the intended use.

I prefer to have a bit more room on the tongue to mount a generator, batteries, propane tanks, gas cans, whatever.
Wondering about Wandering.
Getting closer to what I'm considering for a cargo.
Anyone have thoughts on this Interstate model?
It does check a lot of my boxes.
https://www.trailersplus.com/Virginia/Wa...XJC048725/

Anyone have experience with mounting solar on a round roof. GypsyDogs got me convinced that flat might be an issue in snow and ice.
I looked at that size trailer but bought a 6x12... easier to pull and lighter. Less $$$ too.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Riverman for this post:
  • Matlock (08-11-2018)
If installing solar on a rounded roof trailer, I'd have some roof racks installed and install the panels on the racks.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to Everyroadleadshome for this post:
  • rvpopeye (08-10-2018), Matlock (08-11-2018)