Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
school me: what do you think of these Craigslist vans?
Or this...

https://wichita.craigslist.org/cto/d/99-...14984.html
MORATTA LESSRATTA  OFFICIAL YARC

Uplander looks nice. Wonder, since it's a big time fleet vehicle, if transmissions were better than most.
We all know about Caravan transmissions and i happened to read up on Windstar because my buddy's is failing- not much better.
GM might know better than to PO the U.S. Post Office.
Sometimes dweller in 237k miles '07 Grand C-van w/ a solar powered fridge and not much else
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to MN C Van for this post:
  • Kaylee (09-03-2018)
I’m not a huge Dodge fan but of the 2 that Mototrucker posted, I’d look closer at the Dodge. 
Definately apples vs oranges, 1 ton vs 1/2 ton etc, however I don't like the rust on the Ford (inside on the plywood shot) and Kansas vehicles are often rusted out due to salt.  I didn't see rust on the Dodge but pics werent great either...

The Ford would be a gas pig and the old twin I beam can really wander if not set up right. Just my .02, having owned 2 Ford pickups with the Twin I Beam suspension. Cave Man rugged but pretty archaic.
They say when you get older two things happen, one is you lose your memory and the other, I forget.

Organized people are simply too lazy to search for stuff.
Yeah, I've had many Ford pickups and 2 Ford vans with the twin I beam. Rock solid when they are aligned correctly and have new bushings. They do tend to wander a bit when they are wore out. For the year the rust didn't seem bad and only looked to be surface rust on that more or less unprotected piece in the back but it would alert me to a closer inspection. I'm a Ford man but I do like the styling on the Dodge a little better. Both being in the same town taking a test drive in both wouldn't be an issue. I think it would come down to, assuming the test drives and inspections were fine : do I have time and money to kit the Ford out the way I want it to make it livable or do I need a comfortable place to lay my head down right now. How much you plan to travel between stops might be a consideration as I'm sure the Dodge would get better mpg. Both being 1999 vintage there are obvious risks just due to age but nothing that can't be overcome. For the price I wouldn't hesitate to pull the trigger on either one depending on my needs and savings.

[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Motrukdriver for this post:
  • Kaylee (09-03-2018)
I think you are right on keeping newer, Kaylee. Anything up here that's old is going to be rusted out. You go to work on something on the suspension and you will need a torch to loosen fasteners. Fixing rusted brake lines becomes a common occurrence. Rust just isn't Fun.

You people in the South just don't know how good you have it.
Sometimes dweller in 237k miles '07 Grand C-van w/ a solar powered fridge and not much else
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to MN C Van for this post:
  • TWIH (09-03-2018), Kaylee (09-03-2018)
(09-01-2018, 05:10 PM)MN C Van Wrote: Uplander looks nice. Wonder, since it's a big time fleet vehicle, if transmissions were better than most.
We all know about Caravan transmissions and i happened to read up on Windstar because my buddy's is failing- not much better.
GM might know better than to PO the U.S. Post Office.

Thanks!
"We all know" does not include me. Smile
I'm just not a car gal (airplanes, yes, and I have worked with carburetors).

I heard back from the Uplander guy:
https://lacrosse.craigslist.org/cto/d/20...47936.html
and will probably be driving somewhat near the area later this week.

I'd really appreciate specific thoughts on that one.

Job Stuff is starting to move, very gently, so definitely need to find either a van or a temporary s&b, this month.
found a Geeky blue van (solving logistics), tentative progress on a GoodJob, still lots of Newbie Qs

"We are in a car." K9 to Mickey, "School Reunion", Doctor Who
"Cause how you get there is the worthier part." Shephard Book to Kaylee, "Serenity", Firefly
Weird.
Just heard from him today, but the ad is now expired.
I'll check again tomorrow & update the link.
found a Geeky blue van (solving logistics), tentative progress on a GoodJob, still lots of Newbie Qs

"We are in a car." K9 to Mickey, "School Reunion", Doctor Who
"Cause how you get there is the worthier part." Shephard Book to Kaylee, "Serenity", Firefly
Cool minivan layout:

[Image: q0kv3ixmvyj11.jpg]

The bench has hinges on the front edge so it swings around to convert to a twin size bed when it is sleepy time.

[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to Motrukdriver for this post:
  • MN C Van (09-04-2018), TWIH (09-09-2018)
Nice layout.
They say when you get older two things happen, one is you lose your memory and the other, I forget.

Organized people are simply too lazy to search for stuff.