Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Communication Break Down
Life on the road, I have be to laugh! My WeBoost broke at the connection point and is unusable until I get it repaired. 3G WiFi from Verizon went dead for everyone and 4G Verizon went dead yesterday. My AT&T needs a signal boost, so I’m not able to use it in camp. My US Cellular hot spot used up its 4G allotment and now only works on 2G.

So my online life is at a slow, root canal pace, and a fire is near by. LOL. This life ain’t for sissies!

Oh, and while trying to reset a hotspot I pulled the battery out and dropped it right on my iPad. It broke the screen.

Some days you are the dog and some days you are the hydrant. Right?

Time to start researching more ways to have connectivity to the real world. $5 hotspots may be a thing of the past.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Blanch for this post:
  • AbuelaLoca (08-01-2018)
I'm sorry for your frustration, and can very much relate, hope it gets better soon.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Anna for this post:
  • Blanch (08-01-2018)
It is all just fine. I’m adapting.

Many people are frustrated with the current situation. I’m not. This stuff happens.

[-] The following 3 users say Thank You to Blanch for this post:
  • heron (08-01-2018), S Cello (08-01-2018), AbuelaLoca (08-01-2018)
(08-01-2018, 02:10 PM)Blanch Wrote: Life on the road, I have be to laugh! My WeBoost broke at the connection point and is unusable until I get it repaired. 3G WiFi from Verizon went dead for everyone and 4G Verizon went dead yesterday. My AT&T needs a signal boost, so I’m not able to use it in camp. My US Cellular hot spot used up its 4G allotment and now only works on 2G.

So my online life is at a slow, root canal pace, and a fire is near by. LOL. This life ain’t for sissies!

Oh, and while trying to reset a hotspot I pulled the battery out and dropped it right on my iPad. It broke the screen.

Some days you are the dog and some days you are the hydrant. Right?

Time to start researching more ways to have connectivity to the real world. $5 hotspots may be a thing of the past.

When you have butter fingers, make cookies.   Big Grin

That is a day for telling around the campfire at YARC camp.
Compared to parenting, Cat herding is less complicated
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to GotSmart for this post:
  • Blanch (08-01-2018)
My new conspiracy theory. The couple that have a YouTube channel for Mobile Internet got in touch with friends at Verizon to shut down these 3G and 4G $5 plans as Jim was causing them competition.

[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Blanch for this post:
  • Cammalu (08-02-2018)
[Image: canyouhmn.jpg?itok=tu6Lrh6U]
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Blacktank for this post:
  • Blanch (08-02-2018)
I hear you loud and clear from my internet that I pay full price for every month.

It's not cheap, but I don't have to wonder if it will be working tomorrow, or not.

Sure glad I didn't buy into these low-cost deals.
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to Riverman for this post:
  • Blanch (08-02-2018), Matlock (08-06-2018)
The plan I'm on is a full price Verizon plan. It's not good everywhere, by any stretch. So, when traveling, I often worry if I'll have it tomorrow, or not.
Two gloriously stinkin' badges.
Official YARC ship’s navigator.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to heron for this post:
  • Blanch (08-02-2018)
They were great while they lasted. I have no complaints.

[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to Blanch for this post:
  • frater secessus (08-03-2018), heron (08-06-2018)
(08-02-2018, 03:13 PM)Blanch Wrote: They were great while they lasted. I have no complaints.

Seems like corporate planned obsolescence always squeezes the frugal first. A positive attitude certainly helps. Have faith there's a lowcost workaround cook'in somewhere by someone.. 

I am less than thrilled with the cost of Vz mobile WiFi and would gladly trade it all, phone, tablet, laptop and hotspot for a few good friends. The kind you can physically reach out and touch... I'd prefer a cash-only /barter economy too and zero drama, but that's another thread.

Richard 
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to Matlock for this post:
  • Snikwahjm (08-06-2018), heron (08-06-2018)